Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Berea, Kentucky

Horse country....beautiful farms, lovely homes and Berea College of the Arts. Abundant art shops, cafes and a grand old hotel on the Historical Register.
Inside the cafe where we had lunch. Handmade amber jewelry.... So delicious. A spinach and arugula salad with grilled chicken. Topped off with Parmesan and sesame encrusted goat cheese. A quilt show....
Just glorious colors and workmanship!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

My blogging friend Sandy (Abandoned in Pasadena Blog) lives here...she's even posted pictures of the Main Street Cafe and the colorful horses!
You would love her...she is a hoot!
:)

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I'm losing my mind over those quilts! Looks like a beautiful area!
XOXO

Sue said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had a fabulous trip. Thanks for sharing all the glorious pictures, I feel like I was on the trip with you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I came to your top post, and soon realized there was more to see! Welcome home! What a fun tour of Berea. I lived in KY for six years, wayyyyyy back, and this is great to see Berea here. Beautiful place. And you are a most excellent tour guide, Sue! Love the colors and crafts you found. SO glad you had fun, and off to see your next post. Hugs! :-)

Valerie said...

i love your pictures and your prose!!

Carrie J said...

My daughter graduated from there in 2005. She is going back this coming weekend for a wedding. She loved going to school there. It is a beautiful place. Did you make it to the Ky Arts and Crafts center ( I don't think that is the correct name) right off exit 76?