Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Little Friend

Johnny....he and his human Mom lived next door to my Mom and her dog Abby in Tennessee. They were all good friends and, even though they sparred a bit from time to time, Johnny and Abby were great buddies. We were able to spend some time with Johnny while in Tennessee recently. Grace thought he was such fun and loved to play with him. The dog loved playing tug of war and seemed to really enjoy this game with our Grace.You should have seen the sticks (um...more like logs!) this little power house has dislodged and dragged home with him! A Jack Russell Terrier, Johnny was always feisty and stubborn, funny and sweet, handsome and alert. He was our friend....and he took his walk over the Rainbow Bridge just a day or two ago. He was hit by a car just outside his home. The driver was speeding and never even stopped. We will remember Johnny with smiles and giggles. We will always be glad we had that last visit with the little guy. And, as all good bloggers do, I am so glad I had my camera with me. I have these wonderful pictures of a special little dog. A dog with a big bark, a love of big sticks and a big heart. Bye, bye little friend.

10 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Oh no, I didn't expect for you to say that he had been killed:-( Poor little Johnny!! He certainly was an adorable dog. May the fleas of a thousand camels attack that man who ran him over and never stopped!!!!! xoxo

Valerie said...

what a sweet face.
shame on that man. and hugs and prayers for Johnny's family.

Pamela said...

I agree with Pea. 2000 camels.

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Poor little dog, how sad! I'm so glad you got that last visit with him. xx

Mom2fur said...

Oh, dear heaven, I'm so sorry. I found my cat hit by a car a few years ago and know exactly how the family feels. He looks like such a great little doggie, too! What is wrong with some drivers? It's possible he never even knew he hit the dog, but why, why, why was he going so fast in the first place?

Gill said...

Who runs over a dog and then fails to stop? I find this absolutely disgusting. I am so sorry to hear about him. Poor little guy. I have a JRT too, and she is the most precious thing to us, I'll bet his owners are devastated. He will surely be missed. I feel so awful for the family.
I am with Pea, on with the fleas~!
xoxox
Blue

Alice said...

How sad for the family. They must feel tremendous guilt that he got hit. But you know, as hard as we try, as vigilant as we are, sometimes our dogs figure out ways to escape their yards or their leashes. I hope the family isn't beating themselves up too much. My dog got hit once too and I didn't even realize he was running loose.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

That's so sad. And it's shameful that the guy didn't even bother to stop. Shameful. The pictures are very nice, though. Good to have them to look back on.

Andrea Frazer said...

That's just wrong.

Gretchen said...

I love that rainbow bridge link. So sad for Johnny's fam. :( I thought I'd never get through watching my kids be sad when Sara died 2 years ago. She was 13, and I had to make the horrid "decision". We love our Annie and Murphy, but there are days when we still dearly miss that crazy ol' Sara, and our Peanut bunny, who died in April. These little guys just touch our hearts!

Lovely tribute, Sue. xxxoogretchen