Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Menopausal Farm Doin's

So, what would you do while waiting on your child to finish up sewing class? That's right, all good bloggers drive around and take photos! Grace's sewing teacher lives on a small farm 7 miles from our home. Unfortunately no animals were out and about due to the weather. Gee whiz, get a little 100 degree weather and those spoiled sheep and cows and goats get really cranky. Really! I actually had a ram say some very rude things to me. The ewe was ever so embarrassed and did apologize for his behavior. I told her I fully understand how surly men can get in the Summer...of course my ram...er...I mean husband did earn some major Brownie points yesterday with his post. He is kinda cute for an old retired sailor. Of course he is no Brian Dennehy but then, that is probably a WONDERFUL thing right? Okay, okay, I love the guy you know. Bill, not Brian. Of course I do love Brian but in a different way...not like I love Bill. Nope. Bill is a pretty nifty guy even if he does get cranky in the Summer. Lots of rams do I hear. Huh? Get on with my point? What was my point? Oh, it was H.O.T. today. AND humid. AND no breeze at all. Yippee! The late Summer trifecta! Still, the country side was pretty even if it was viewed from inside a van whose A/C was on so low that ice crystals formed on the windshield. Hey! Let's all sing...I am menopausal woman hear me roar...in heat indexes too high to ignore...and I need some ice cold water right away. 'Cause I'm a sweaty pool of goo and and I feel like veggie stew and I never want to feel this way again. Oooh, yes, I am mad but there's nothing I can do. Yes, I am a crank, I'm one hot, steamed up Sue. I need a shower. I need a huge iced tea. I am menopausal woman. I hope you are staying cool where you are! I missed you all...I will be catching up on my visits tomorrow! Thinking about you all...
Hugs, Susie Q

17 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Oh, you are so funny. Take it from one who knows,"this too shall pass" thank God. I always hate to sweat. Have a wonderful week. connie from Texas

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

A friend and I were just talking about the heat + menopause thing yesterday. The hair that sticks to your neck, the beads of "glisten" (ha!) on the upper lip, the pulling of clothes away from the body. Oh it's a pretty picture indeed....
And that's in AC...hahahahaha!!
Heat makes me cranky and listless and grouchy and VERY lazy.
STAY COOL and carry a fan!
XOXOXO

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Yes....it does pass - but it seems like forever! I used to have flashes in the middle of the night and throw off the covers. My loving husband would wake up, be cold, see me uncovered and cover me up! LOL Well after I screamed - WHAT ARE YOU DOING? - he realized his mistake :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Penny
Penny

Justabeachkat said...

This menopausal woman is sooooooooooo ready for cool weather!

Love the photos!

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

Loved your menopausal "Blues"...I think you should pen another verse or two...send it to Emmy Lou Harris, Linda Ronstadt or possibly Dolly Pardon...and see what kind of melody they can put with it! I think you may have a hit on your hands....I just want to know if you'll let me play harmonica...you could play bass or whatever you want (after all it IS your song)...and then Brian D. could be our "roadie"....WOW...talk about a hot flash...ok...sorry...it was all that talk in your post that got me started...something about Rams, sailors and Brian...just makes me a tad crazy...And speaking of Rams....How RUDE that one was...didn't his mama teach him manners!! lol

Stay cool...
"T"

Tammy said...

I am pre-menopausal...and always kid how my poor hubby will be dealing with my hot flashes and our daughters teenage mood swings all at the same time! ;)
I read part of your hubby's post below...that was great! :)

Terri Steffes said...

I know what you mean! Add the weather, menopause and SCHOOL CHILDREN in the picture and see what you get! One cranky principal, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are too funny. You should write a book, seriously you menopausal goo, LOL

Unknown said...

I take my camera everywhere and so nice to see I'm not alone! It's heating back up here, why oh why? I'm pre-menopausal so I feel for you! Love the humor, it helps!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

That's hysterical! Now I'm going to have those words ringing through my head all day long.... It's funny that you used that old song. After I had bitten everybody's head off the other day, the lines "I am woman, hear me roar" went through my head. Just not in quite the way Helen had sung it (sung it or sang it? Whatever, you know what I mean). Now I know what words were missing, thanks to you. lol I'M SICK OF MENOPAUSE. I tell myself it's like labor...IT CAN'T LAST FOREVER! But - what if I'm wrong???

Cheryl Wray said...

Yes, Bill is a sweetheart!!
Go get you a big ole glass of sweet tea, prop your feet up, and make him wait on you!!

smilnsigh said...

"I am menopausal woman hear me roar..."

OK, Dear. Here comes the *test* of our friendship.

Are you ready?

Are you sure you're ready?

Are you really, really, really sure you're ready?

OK..

At about 40, I simply stopped having periods. And I had ONE HOT FLASH. And nothing else.

I know, many don't want to believe it. But 'tis so.

Well, like I said, this will be the *test* of our friendship. -giggles- Can you still love me, even though I didn't go through peri-menapause and mega-menapause and etc.?

Please can you??????????????

^_^

Hugs, Mari-Nanci

Rosemary said...

Love those photos!!
Good job!
Keep cool!
Rosemary

Gretchen said...

You know, you're cute when you're impudent. Sorry about the heat and humidity, Luv.

Gretchen said...

I KNow I already commented, but I can't get over the richness of color in these pictures. What a neat way to pass the time waiting for Grace.

TK Angels said...

Yes we are at the age. We shared things in high school why not share this? Tee Hee

Love,
Terri

Valerie said...

it's hot. Africa hot. (i SO loved that from Brighton Beach Memorars) (or however you spell it)
i hate sweating, too. and add the very tiny beginning of menopause, too, well...i am just a joy to be around!!