Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Kentucky Bound

Rabbit Run Cottage is hitting the road albeit not with Brian D. and not in this vehicle!
I just wanted to pop in and wish you all a wonderful weekend. We are headed to Owensboro, in Western Kentucky, for a family reunion. Bill's Mom was born near there and her twin sister, and most of that side of the family, reside near by. The ones who are farther away are all flying or driving in so this will be a big *shindig*! But without Paul Revere and the Raiders and Go Go Boots. And if you have to ask about that reference than you are MUCH younger than I am. MUCH! Of course, MOST people are younger than me...well, except for Sean Connery and Walter Cronkite, Queen Elizabeth and Judi Dench, Christopher Plummer and Brian Dennehy. Gee but I would adore having a lovely get together with all of them. A little tea, a little wine, a little music. My but wouldn't the conversation be glorious? Now, where was I? (See? When you get old like me your mind wanders...) Oh yes, our trip to Kentucky. I will catch up with your activities on Tuesday but did so want to wish my blog friends a safe and happy weekend. To all the US residents, have a sweet Labor Day holiday. To you all, stay well, be good to yourself and remember how much I care about each and every one of you!
Hugs, Susie Q

25 comments:

PAT said...

Have fun at the Shindig, Sue!!

Safe travels!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Oh have a wonderful time! Sounds like big fun.

Valerie said...

have a great time and be safe! can't wait to hear about the fun times!

Carole Burant said...

Have a fabulous time at the reunion dear Sue and of course we expect tons of pictures:-) Love ya! xoxo

Cheryl Wray said...

How fun!!! I hope you have a GREAT trip!!!!
Im looking forward to mine--birthday celebrations and football!! Yay!!!
Kentucky is so pretty! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Wendster said...

Oooooh! You made a slide show! You have the MAD SKILLS girlfriend!!! And I want to come to tea with you and the Queen and can we invite the new James Bond too? Daniel Craig? And my fave, Harvey Keitel? I think he's HOT! And I mean CRAZY HOT! Hotter than Daniel Craig. In a fight, Harvey would win. hee.
Yes, I am glad we are blogging buddies now too. I love your sense of humor and the way you ramble when you are happy.
I've got to go and feed my robins now. All 27 of them. You need a big stock when they are all getting eaten by the farmer's cat each time you tell the joke!
Happy traveling. Take pictures of the eye candy! In all it's varieties. And I challenge you to find a Brian Dennehy look alike this month! And post a picture of the dude that MOST resembles him! (Your hubby could do in a pinch, you know! Names even start with the same letter.) I wonder where a gal would have to go to MEET Brian Dennehy (again) ...? Hmmmmm.
Enjoy.

Tammy said...

Hey no fair...I wanna go to O'boro...my grandkids are there!! No wait...they are on their way to the sunny beaches of Destin FL...am I the only one stuck home this holiday...humfff!!
:)

Mom2fur said...

Have a great time!
Hey, your mind may wander...but it seems to wander to some pretty interesting topics, LOL! (And I was very, very jealous of my best friend's Go-Go boots!)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy and have a safe trip!

Paula said...

Suzie Q,
Family reunions can be too much fun! Enjoy!! Really enjoyed watching your film from yesterday. The "silent picture" effects were great!
Paula

Rosemary said...

Have a great time!!
Sounds like fun!
Rosemary

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Have a fabulous time-I know you will!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Ummmm, ummmm, ummmmm. I had forgotten what a hotty Dennehy was. I know, I'm ashamed of myself. For forgetting, not for drooling. YOW. ZA.
Have a wonderful and safe trip!! Look forward to seeing pictures upon your return!
Kari

Sheila said...

Have a fun reunion and a safe trip! Talk to you when you get back!

jafabrit said...

your mind has a wonderful way of wandering :) have a GREAT trip.

Michelle said...

have a safe trip and a fun time!

Mockingbird Hill said...

Have a blast..you know we will be waitin' for the details! Cassie

smilnsigh said...

Have a wonderful time and be careful traveling.

Mari-Nanci

JANET said...

This is my first visit to your blog. You have something of everything here! Very interesting. I love your welcoming butterfly photo.

LivingTheLife said...

Have a fab trip...I'll keep an eye on Brian while your away...that's OK...isn't it??? After all you will be much too much busy to worry about such a thing...I'll be glad to take on the that dream...urrr...I mean...CHORE for ya...!!!

Have a blessed weekend...

"T"

Anonymous said...

Have fun sweet Sue! I'll be thinking about you!
((hugs))
Kim

Mrs. Geezerette said...

This is belated because I have been out of the blogging loop lately for a variety of reasons, but I hope you had a terrific get-together with family and that you all are safe and sound.

Andi said...

Hope your road trip and family reunion is fun! I love going places!

Carol said...

Hi Sue, I just found your blog the other day and I love it. We just finished watching the wonderful dvd "The Ultimate Gift" with Brian Dennehey and loved it and of course I thought of you right away!

Pamela said...

I came home with the Creeping Crud... so my labor day weekend is not so great.

Who is the organizer of your big family reunion. That is a lot of work