Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Comfort Food

The comic page...strange place to get a dinner idea but there it was. Elly and John in "For Better For Worse", one of my favorite strips, were dining on tuna noodle casserole. I picked up my paper and a craving was born....it was yummy.
8 oz. medium egg noodles, uncooked
1/2 cup Reduced Fat or Light Sour Cream
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup Dijon Mustard
1 can (6 oz.) white tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
COOK noodles as directed on package; drain. Place in greased 3-quart baking dish.
MIX sour cream, milk and mustard until well blended. Add to noodles along with tuna and vegetables; mix lightly. Cover loosely with foil.
BAKE at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...my mouth starting watering just looking at the photo. I started South Beach this morning...so no pasta for awhile.

Hugs!
Kat

Andi said...

I read "For Better or Worse" too...actually I have it on my yahoo home page. When I read it yesterday it had me thinking the same thing...make a tuna noodle casserole! I like to crush potato chips on the top of mine before I bake it.

Valerie said...

i LOVE tuna noodle. and the Husband doesn't do hot tuna.
sometimes, it SO sucks to be me.

Sheila said...

This sounds SO good; I'm going to have to try this. I love tuna noodle cassarole, but haven't had it in YEARS!!