Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School Days, Dear Old Something Or Other Days....

First day of school....the kid is fine and the Mom is a wreck. I hate it when the kids return to school (and not just because I worked in schools for several years you silly people!). I really LIKE my kids to be home. I felt this way about Danny and now, about Grace. She and I had lots of fun this Summer and so, Mommy is feeling a little sad. Okay, I am just a huge sap and being overly dramatic. But how I would love to just wrap her up and keep her safe and warm and protected here at home. But this child needed to be in school. She craves the other children and the noise and the classes and the activities. Just the same way I did... Okay Mom. How many more? Aw gee Gracie. I have only taken 57! How about a few more? Yes, she does have a High School Musical back pack. It says "I love Troy". I KNOW you are SO jealous. Try to calm yourselves. Huh? It is just ME who is jealous! Okay, so I am almost 51 and I love Troy too. Come on. Have you SEEN his eyes? Um...but then (Stand by for the shameless Dennehy plug) Brian Dennehy has the best blue eyes and he is older and..okay. I am better now. Are we done yet Mommy? Only 2987 more shots to go Honey! Done Mommy? Done Sweetie! There's the bus....run!! First days of school always mean that the kid picks the dinner menu and location. Dan never wished to go out but was always specific about the menu! Grace was emphatic that we get dinner at Chipotle (It is my very, very, very bestest food in the world. ~ Grace age 9) and, after much discussion and hours spent trying to beg, borrow and steal a table at said restaurant, that we eat it in our local park. We all had to attend and attend we did. It was required after all. Black tie was optional. Grace's Olivia also attended to soiree. But, not unlike Ms. Spears and Ms. Hilton, she failed to wear...um...ahem...*ssh* u.n.d.e.r.g.a.r.m.e.n.t.s...we were all a little shocked. Especially by her less than lady like behavior. I mean, is this any way for a young lady to sit? I ask you! I kinda like my kids...yup. I do. *MOST* of the time. Our evening al fresco dining experience was further enhanced by a lovely sunset. Now, where was the music? Oh..there it is....

22 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

What a LOVELY post!! First off, Grace looked SO cute!!! Her outfit is so stylish and I love the Troy backback!! Tell her I think she looked fabulous! Did her day go well too?
And what a wonderful first school day tradition! Sounds like a great meal!
And Olivia's underwear situation was funny!!!! Love it!
And, yes, don't thekids just love having their pics taken? Mine are so used to it, they just do it with a smile on their faces--even if they don't want to! lol

Tammy said...

School days, School days, dear old golden rule days...readin' and writin' and 'rithmatic...taught to the tune of the hick'ry switch...you were my bashful barefoot beau...I was your girl in calico...

and that's all I know ;)

sorry...you started it....

the dolll...oh the doll...teehee!!
I always get a smile when I come by here!!
:)

Dawn Bibbs said...

What beautiful pictures. Grace and Dan are such beautiful kids...I'm sure Dan wouldn't like to know that I called him a "kid". So how bout you don't tell him...LOL.

You know what? Jayla has that same skirt that Grace wore the first day of school. Gotta love that red, black & white plaid.

Hope you had a good day, even with Grace being back in school all day. Hey, maybe we should get together now that the girls are back in school....:-) tee hee.

Debra from Bungalow said...

Your kids are beautiful. I love how Grace posed in her school outfit.

The doll...hilarious!

Your post are always so much fun.

Mom2fur said...

Thanks for visiting me. Next year,when I go to Ohio, maybe we can 'meet up' for real!
I totally agree with you about kids going back to school. Some news program called it a parent's 'favorite time of year.' Frankly, I prefer the relaxed days of vacations. (Kudos to anyone who homeschools, but it didn't work into my life.) Oh, well, my youngest only has 2 years to high school graduation...so it isn't like we play much together anyway, LOL!

Carole Burant said...

Awwww she looked so adorable all dressed up for school! I actually miss those days now that my boys are adults...I'm always telling them they're no fun anymore! lol It was such an exciting time..first day of school, and I was just like you, I missed having them home!

Lord have mercy child, Ms Olivia with no undergarments??? Tsk tsk tsk! I just about spit out my drink of water when I read about that from laughing so hard! LOL Glad that Grace got to eat what she wanted:-) xoxo

Mom2fur said...

Well, hi...again! As a matter of fact, my older sister was born in Dayton, Ohio! (Me...I'm the first 'native New Yorker' in the family.)

smilnsigh said...

Sweet entry.

Plus funny... no dolly undergarments! -giggggles-

Mari-Nanci

Andi said...

Okay Sue...you had me going...oh what a cute school girl in her little skirt and crocs and backpack...and then you go an make a reference to Ms Spears & Ms. Hilton and I was cracking up laughing. Olivia will just have to get some proper knickers!!!

At least you took Grace's pictures inside the house. My Mom used to follow us out to the bus stop and wait until the bus was coming to take a picture. Don't you just know my older brothers loved that. I remembered hearing lots of "hurry up Mom" remarks being made on those mornings!!!

PAT said...

Great post Sue!

This time of year always makes me feel nostalgic.

I went to school with my youngest the year she started Kindergarten...that's how bad I was. I worked as a library aide (volunteer), then got a "real";-) job, when she started 1st grade....

Grace is such a cutie pie and very good in front of the camera!! And Dan is a handsome young man!

Pat

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I can't even focus on kids going back to school right now. It's still devastating to me. lol
Grace is so darn cute, though. The poses are fantastic - tell her I said so! And tell her to put some panties on that doll, for Pete's sake!

Gretchen said...

Grace is so cute, and so is Dan! I love that you all made such a special evening out of the first day of school. My kids are probably going to be sick of me because I take too many pictures and love do "do things for special" and have traditions. But...Too. Bad. :P

Gretchen said...

Oh, BTW, Drama Girl's barbies are just as trampy as Grace's doll. :)

Rosemary said...

Grace looks so cute! I do wish I had that backpack too. Troy does have the bluest eyes. I just heard today that Disney has given the OK for High School Musical 3, and they offered the guy who plays Troy 2.75 million.
Looks like a fun time was had by all.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Rosemary

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

What lovely photos as always! Grace looked so cute-love those clogs of hers! What a stylish girl she is!! And I LOVE your new blog-makeover!!

Wendster said...

What a great idea to let them choose the menu and location on the first day of school!!! I think I'll try that next week!
Can I start school?
Cool park. Our favorite park has a dinosaur slide. The slide is the dragon's neck and is the length of the whole hill. It's a half an hour drive away, but worth it! (Bet you thought I was going to say it takes a half hour to slide all the way down, huh?)

TK Angels said...

Gracie looks so cute-ah umm what's with the mustache with Dan? Just kidding.

Give Gracie a hug from Aunt Terri
Love,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Em loves HSM2 and that boy!!
Great pictures...even if you did take 3,000 of them!

Sheila said...

Great pics and great post, Sue! Grace looked SO cute on her first day! I totally agree with you about missing them when they go back - I wish they could stay home forever! I love having them home with me.
Tell Olivia to watch out for those paparazzi! She might end up on the cover of some tabloids!! LOL

Valerie said...

how fun is that?!
and, BTW, Avon has HSM lotions and lip balms for the dear ones. i've already picked up some for my best friend's daughter, who also loves Troy!

Mockingbird Hill said...

Back to school...I don't have those days anymore! Grace looks so cute, love the crocs, but best of all, it's so cool to know you guys are Chipotle lovers. Chipotle rocks! Why doesn't everyone get that??

Cassie

My Pink Boutique said...

I love Chipotle, too! Grace has great taste in cuisine and she looked just as great heading back to school! You have a beautiful family, too!

Hugs,
Kimberly :)