Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Goodnight Jim Bob. Goodnight Mary Ellen....

The Walton House ~~~~~~~~~~ I have added a link for you here. Just click on Walton House and you will be whisked (Hold on tight now!) away to the town's historical web pages. These pages have detailed descriptions of all the stone houses. But no matter how hard I looked, there was not one reference to John Boy or Jason, Elizabeth, Ben or even Erin. Hmpf. Walton House indeed. What? Not THOSE Waltons? Oh...my mistake. Sorry. Just in case you are overcome with interest after reading my assorted posted drivel, the web site will show some interiors and tell when these homes were built. You all know that I love history and this sort of thing is right up my proverbial alley. So to speak... I hope you enjoy the pictures! I braved the brain boiling heat just to take these photos...oh the agony, oh the sweat, oh hush up Sue. Okay, so I loved every minute I was taking pictures, even ignoring the rivulets of water cascading down my face and neck and dripping into my, ahem, decollete. Yup, in other words, I was a mess but a happy mess. Extremely happy...or maybe it was heat exhaustion. But I digress... More soon...thinking about you all. Stay well...do something good for yourself! That's an order! Hugs, Susie Q

7 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

That garden is gorgeous!! Wish my yard looked like that. Wish my yard looked half as good as that. Oh who am I kidding? I wish my yard even looked like a yard compared to that! If I could look out my kitchen window and see something that pretty, maybe I wouldn't be so anxious for summer to be over. Okay, so I'd probably still be ready for summer to be over but maybe I wouldn't be quite so rabid about it! lol

Sharon said...

No Jim Bob but there was a Susie Q taking pictures of a wonderful stone cottage that is so wonderful. I love the idea of the cottages that you will be taking us to through your camera. Looking forward to our next walk on the cottage path.

Cindy said...

The Waltons...I loved that show when I was growing up. Even if this isn't that house I'm glad you mentioned them because it brought up some good memories of sitting with my parents every week and watching that show. Good night Suzie Q!

Nonie said...

Those are some great pictures. Love old homes like that.. The garden is beautiful..

Valerie said...

what a great house! and i'm SO glad there were no JimBobs or MaryEllens...it reminds me of my crazy auntie kay who, one evening during that show's heyday, actually wept that our family wasn't like the Waltons. and how angry she got at me when i reminded her that it was a TV show.

oh well...

Pamela said...

perfection in those gardens and walkways.

I hope after a few years our yard looks like it is complete, too.

Jolene George said...

these pictures are breath taking. There is nothing like that here. i live in the wrong state.