Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Run Away! Run Away!

The Knights of Camelot: "We're knights of the Round Table, we dance whene'er impec-cable, We dine well here in Camelot, we eat ham and jam and Spam a lot. / We're knights of the Round Table, our shows are for-mi-dable. But many times we're given rhymes that are quite un-sing-able, We're opera mad in Camelot, we sing from the diaphragm a lot. / In war we're tough and able, Quite in-de-fa-ti-gable. Between our quests we sequin vests and impersonate Clark Gable / It's a busy life in Camelot!"
King Arthur: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
Dayton's old and very lovely Victoria Theater....every Summer they host a Classic Film series. This was the last one of the year. Oh to be surrounded by all manner of Pythonaniacs. Old, young and every age in between. And the next afternoon, *P* got us all tickets to "Spamalot" which will be part of Dayton's Broadway series at the Schuster Theater. So, next April we will all be singing along with Knights once again! I know, Bill and I have already seen "Spamalot" but you can never have TOO much SPAM can you? ~~~~~~~~~~ King Arthur: I am your king. Woman: Well I didn't vote for you. King Arthur: You don't vote for kings. Woman: Well how'd you become king then? [Angelic music plays... ] King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king. Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
One of my best friends, *P*, meets up with a very friendly Knight...at least he did not say, "Ni!" ~~~~~~~~~~ Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.
There was a sing a long before the movie began...that's a very old, classic Wurlitzer organ on stage. Everyone sang quite robustly, following the words on the screen. We sang along with many 1930's songs but finished with a Monty Python classic....
There was a trivia contest and a costume contest. Here are some of the lovely medieval, pleasant peasants! Hello Girls!
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look? French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types. King Arthur: What are you then? French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king? Sir Galahad: What are you doing in England? French Soldier: Mind your own business.
   
~~~~~~~~~~
The first time *P* and I saw The Search For The Holy Grail on the screen together was in....um....um....OKAY! It was in 1974!! We were Seniors in High School. I am old! I know I am! And I loved Michael Palin THEN, and I love Michael Palin NOW! You are surprised? Hey! Brian Dennehy is not the ONLY crush I have...the worst case I admit but not the ONLY case! I am a pitiful soul aren't I? Wait! Don't answer that! More on our weekend soon....it was a busy one! I wish you all a sweet week...hugs to you all. Susie Q ~~~~~~~~~~ French Soldier: Your Mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Now go away, or I shall
taunt you a second time!

18 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Methinks you're having far too much fun with all things Monty Python. And I'm jealous. That's all I'll say here. No point in elaborating. It would only serve to underline in my own mind just what little fun I'm actually having compared to you.
Good day, Madam.

Melissa said...

I love this movie - it would be great to see it on the big screen!

We want a shrubbery!

Paula said...

Suzie Q,
What a fun evening this must have been! That movie is hilarious!! Thanks for putting the music behind it.
Paula

PAT said...

Sue...You had such a great time!! I enjoyed this so much!

Pat

Carole Burant said...

Now that sounds like a truly fun time! I remember seeing that Monty Python movie back in 1974 also...see I'm old too! lol Those guys always did crack me up...makes you wonder at our sense of humour, eh? hehe xoxo

Valerie said...

tis only a flesh wound!

send out your dead!
but i'm not dead!
you will be!

and watch out for the dangerous bunny!!

i freaking love that movie!

Naturegirl said...

Your post is hillarious!! I am sure you had a hoot that evening!!
Girls just wanna have fun!!! hugs NG

Mary L. Briggs said...

Sounds like lots and lots of fun!!! Great post, Susie Q--I needed a laugh.

Mockingbird Hill said...

Monty Python??hahahahahahahahahahaha....I can't stop laughing...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....Silly, indeed!

I tagged you this time...head on over to my place and read the rules..

Monty Python...hahahahaha Cassie

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Well, having read your comments, it looks like you've already been cursed...er, I mean, TAGGED so it would just be redundant to tag you again. But I've already done the post and I'm too lazy to go back and change it so there. Now you have TWO people pressuring you to do this. Get busy.
Kari

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Such a fun post!!

Sugar Bear said...

Can you believe I haven't seen Spamalot?! I'm not worthy to be reading your blog! Thank you so much for your oh so kind words on my blog! You are so special to me and your blog can always bring a smile to my face, even when the day is not the brightest!
Karla

Tammy said...

What a beautiful building...maybe some day I will get to visit Dayton instead of skirting around it on my way to Ky!
:)

Rosemary said...

Too much fun!!!
Looks like a great time.
Rosemary

smilnsigh said...

You have such fun!!!!

And re: your sweet comment on wishing me well with my sore back... You and someone else has suggested a laptop but... My husband has one, a Mac even. And I don't get the hang of it. lol. Yes, I am not techy at all and .. well... it's just not the answer. But thank you for the suggestion. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Sheila said...

Sue! What a fun post! Now, you KNOW what a Pythonmaniac I am! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no MORE!)
I'm so jealous that you have a nice place like that in your area that shows classic films, especially Holy Grail! Sounds like you all had a really fun ime! And "P" is looking wonderful! Tell her I said hello!

"FATHER: One day, lad, all this will be yours!
HERBERT: What, the curtains?
FATHER: No, not the curtains, lad. All that you can see! Stretched out over the hills and valleys of this land! This'll be your kingdom,lad!
HERBERT: But, Mother--
FATHER: Father, I'm Father. HERBERT: But Father, I don't want any of that.
FATHER: Listen, lad. I've built this kingdom up from nothing. When
I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was
daft to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. An' that's what your gonna get, lad -- the strongest castle in these islands.
HERBERT: But I don't want any of that -- I'd rather--
FATHER: Rather what?!
HERBERT: I'd rather... just... [music]
..sing!"

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay...The Holy Grail is one of my favorite movies EVER!!! And I now have indoctrinated both McKenna and Delaney in it as well. We often go around quoting it--"I'm feeling better!" whenever we're sick!
"Help Help, I'm being oppressed" whenever we feel...well...oppressed!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Pamela said...

you've changed your template and published sixty posts this week... cant keep up.

I love camelot
I love the big band era, too.