Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Our Parents

A very dear, very special lady lost her father
yesterday. I lost my Dad 6 years ago and we lost both
of Bill's folks last year. We will miss them forever.
I want to mention something she wrote in her email....
If you still have one or both of your parents, please tell them you love them.
I will add that, all too often, we get caught up in the commotion of the day and forget to stop and check in with those we love the most. Parents are almost always at the top of that list....so please, in honor of the parents who are no longer on this Earth with us, give your parent/parents a call, pay them a visit, send them a card...ask those questions and mend those fences befor it is too late.
For those of you, who like me, have lost one or both of your parents, hold them close
in memory. Those memories will comfort and warm you. As long as we keep them
in our hearts and thoughts, they never really leave us.

2 comments:

Andi said...

This is such a sweet post and so very true. Anyone lucky enough to have their parents or even a parent should tell them how much they love them as often as possible. And ask them lots of questions about lots of things. I think of questions every single day I wish I could ask my Mom. Ask about departed family members and get the names of the people in all those old black and white photos...and write them down. Learn all you can about them. And yes, treasure all the wonderful memories you have.

Sheila said...

This is all so true. Both of my parents are gone now. My dad passed away in 1991, and my mom in April of 2005. I especially miss my mom, since she lived with us after Dad died, and we were so close. Every once in a while, I'll think of something that I wish I would've asked her, about the family, or her special fudge recipe, etc. Now it's too late, and I miss having her around.