I have been tagged by dear Cindy on her lovely blog! I can't sleep anyhoo so why not give it a go!
Boy, I am sure all of you are thinking, "How could Sue find 5 things that are weird about herself? She is so sane and, well, as normal as All American apple pie!" No? That's NOT what you are saying? Oh, my hearing t'ain't what it used to be....yeah. What you actually said was, "How can Sue possibly narrow it down to *5* things about herself that are weird? That would be an insurmountable task!" Okay, thanks a lot. Still, I think I am up to this effort...so, let's see. What 5 odd things about myself can I discuss? Hmmm....no. Not that. Well....not that either. Or that. Maybe that? Noooo....okay. I think I have it....
1. I am in love with Brian Dennehy. There, I said it out loud. I am. I have been for 30 years. Really. Bill knows all about it and is quite okay with it. Just ask him. I guess he knows it is really HIM, Bill, that I love but still....
I have followed Brian's life and career, both the upsidaisies AND the downsydoodles of it all, for so long that I could write the biography without doing any further research. I know I am goofy and weird about it but there it is. You should see my collection of memorabilia sometime....when you have a week or two.
2. I can not sleep in total darkness. I am terribly uncomfortable if there is not a light on, of some sort, somewhere. Total darkness gives me a major case of the willies. And no, not the *willies* as in *Willy* Loman, a character Brian Dennehy played to Tony Award winning perfection on Broadway. Yeah, yeah....enough with the Dennehy shtick Sue.
3. I talk to inanimate objects. Yep. Chairs, refrigerators, lamps, dishes, you name it. My family accepts this as just one of my terribly attractive little quirks. Huh? You heard them say what? NOT so attractive? Really gosh darned cute? No? Okaaaaayyyy but I did NOT say those inanimate objects talked back did I? At least, not yet....soooo....let's move on to #4.
4. I carry on deliciously long and soul barring conversations with animals. I can't do that with those inanimate objects you know, that would be just plain silly. But with animals....well....it just makes sense. They listen. Okay, not always but usually. I have worked out many a problem or come to many a big decision by talking it over with an animal. And no, I am NOT referring to Brian Dennehy thank you very much.
5. I watch films and movies as much for the decorating ideas as for the plot!
I can tell you all about the houses and cottages and apartments and, well, you get the idea, in which movie characters live. It's true. I am always intensely scanning the sets and looking at the furniture, window treatments, table top accessories....I even check out the names of the set decorators in the credits! Well, unless it is a Brian Dennehy movie....then I look at something else entirely.
So, now that you know these 5 weird (But oddly
engrossing and sweetly coquettish) things
about me, will you still come for visits? I sure hope so!