Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Thursday Busy-ness With Family & Some Pig

My brother and sis in law's home. It is an old farmhouse on what was once a large dairy venture. The land was turned into a subdivision years and years ago but this house remains. Really pretty inside and out.
Something else that is pretty inside and out...
Go ahead Boo! Whack that Mole!
"Haley" always runs to greet her *Uncle* Bill. She is a kissing fool! A boy and his dog...
Grace and 2 of her biggest fans
"Some Pig" and his devoted friend
We had a busy Thursday but a nice one. Errands and drips and drabs that needed to be done.
We picked up Mom at 2 pm and dashed over to see "Charlotte's Web". How delightful is this film!
I am a great fan of E.B. White and this charming book is an absolute favorite.
E.B. White once wrote..."in real life, a spider doesn't spin words in her web . . . But real life is only one kind of life—there is also the life of the imagination. And although my stories are imaginary, I like to think that there is some truth in them, too—truth about the way people and animals feel and think and act."
This film, like the book, is so sweet and pure. Loyalty, devotion, kindness, friendship, keeping one's promise...all are here to be savored.
We can believe in miracles. As Farmer Zuckerman says in his speech at the fair, we need to have eyes that are able to see miracles when they happen in the midst of our ordinary days.
"Darkness settled over everything. Soon there were only shadows and the noises of the sheep chewing their cuds, and occasionally the rattle of a cow-chain up overhead. You can imagine Wilbur's surprise when, out of the darkness, came a small voice he had never heard before. It sounded rather thin, but pleasant. "Do you want a friend, Wilbur?" it said. "I'll be a friend to you. I've watched you all day and I like you."
—Charlotte's Web
We met Bill's brother and his family for dinner. It is always nice to get together, talk and visit with the boys. Our youngest nephew helped Grace learn some of the *finer* points to her new Nintendo DS Lite!
Unfortunantly, forgetful Sue left her camera behind! Take my word for it, the boys are getting so tall & handsome!
Then it was off to visit my brother and sis in law. Our youngest nephew, "The Booman", was concentrating on one of his new toys, a "Whack A Mole" game! He was really getting the hang of it!
Where was old Dan? On a date! You didn't expect him to pass that up did you? We did all have breakfast together this morning. French Toast and sausage was the requested meal. No photos allowed! Bed head was rampant! Really! It was shocking!
Just an ordinary day...but filled with the miracle of family.

3 comments:

TK Angels said...

Love Jim's house. Looks like you all have had a lovely busy time while Bill is back-hopefully back for good.
Love, Terri

Missy Glave said...

Finally ... I think it's actually going to allow me to leave comments!! Sue ... I've been visiting your blog daily, yet it would not allow me to comment. Please know ... I *do* visit daily. I love, love, triple love your brother and SIL's house. It's gorgeous! As is Gracie of course. Charlotte's Web is definately a movie that I would like to see. Maybe when it comes out on DVD I will get it and watch with Griffin. I'm so glad you are all enjoying yourself this holiday season!! Take good care. Missy

Jolene George said...

I LOVE your brothers house...so charmimg and beautiful! Gracie just doesn't take a bad picture, does she?!
Great pictures of everything and everyone...minus the bedhead pictures. :o) Sounds like a wonderful time together.