Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Who's Old?

He is messy, forgetful and keeps his closet in a perpetual state of anarchy. He is always searching for his keys, his wallet, his check book. He eats too fast and spoils his kids too much. He is too easy going and too impatient, all at the same time. He can't dance or write poetry. He is not much of a talker and his design, style and color sense is, well, shaky at best. He has let more than one house plant die from neglect. He can take a clean garage and turn it into a disaster zone in less than 15 minutes. He leaves his socks on the bedroom floor and his wet towel on the bed...a lot.
He is brave and faces each new day with great optimism. He rarely complains about anything.
He would do just about anything for anyone, and has. He has given gallons of blood, been called upon TWICE to donate bone marrow and happily answered those calls. He has proven himself in battle and has earned the life long affection of all his fellow military troops. He is modest to a fault.
He has a quirky and silly sense of humor. He is totally non materialistic and a bit of a hippie at heart. He is extremely well read and holds 2 Masters Degrees.
He supports all my silly ideas and dreams. He believes in my talents when I see none. He thinks I am beautiful even when I know I am not. Which is pretty much all the time! He loves the theater and films as much as I do. He loves an art museum and scouring an antique shop as much as I do.
He is a marathon runner, an avid bicyclist and was *green* when most people had no idea what that term was.
He has helped build houses for Habitat For Humanity, refurbished inner city schools and parks all over the USA, tackled fund raising for countless charities and helped save the lives of many at risk animals. He has served as a mentor for many young people. He is great with children, the elderly and me.
He is cute and funny and loyal. He snores and can be a major pain in the behind. He is the best man I have ever known.
He is my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my protector,
my hero, my husband.
Happy 51st Birthday Billy....I love you.

25 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to Billy!
What a loving tribute from an adoring wifey!!
:)

Cindy said...

Oh, that is just the sweetest thing I ever read! Happy Birthday Bill!

I'm still waiting to get that call to donate bone marrow. I've been on the donor list about 10 years and have not got that call yet!

TO BECOME said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR HUSBAND. I love your post about him. It was so good. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hope you all have a happy day. connie from Texas

Dawn Bibbs said...

Awww, now that's just TOO sweet!!! What a wonderful dedication to your husband. I hope he reads it.

Happy Birthday, Bill!!! Sounds like you deserve it!

Susie Q said...

I am so glad to hear you are on the registry Cindy! I am as well and have never been called. Bill was called twice...the first time we flew to Georgetown Univ. Hospital in DC and Bill donated there. Sadly, the man later doed from other complications but the marrow donation was working. We got to know the family later on and his parents came to see us in Florida.

He was called a second time and was ready to donate but that time the woman passed away before they could get Bill there.

Bill actually grieved for both of those people, as did I.

Sheila said...

Happy birthday Dear Bill..Happy birthday to you..xx

Tell me Sue, why the H*ll are you wasting time on Brian D ...LOL

You got The Man..!
Hugs
xx

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to Bill!! He sounds like a wonderful man and I wish there were more like him in this world!! xox

TK Angels said...

Happy Birthday To You-Happy Birthday To You-Happy Birthday Dear Billy-Happy Birthday To You.

What a friend I am!! I forgot your birthday. No wonder when I just called your house-no one was there.

51 huh? I will be there in August as your Sue will be there in October. We are not far behind.

Hope you had a great night--I'm sure you did if Sue planned it.

Love you guys and hope to see you this weekend sometime.

LOve,
Terri

Valerie said...

happy birthday, Bill!
i'm not sure who's got the best treasures...you or Bill!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, Terri gave away all your secrets in her comment...:)

Happy Birthday Bill!

Cassandra said...

What a sweetheart of a wife you are! Happy Birthday Bill!

I haven't had a chance to comment in a couple of days...just wanted to comment on the "Be It Ever So Humble..." You have an amazing house - definietely one to be proud of!

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Happy Birthday to Bill....I think you are BOTH very lucky people to have one another.
XOXO

Jada said...

That is so sweet!!Happy Birthday Bill!!!

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday to Bill, and what a sweet, sweet post. Loving our spouses is definitely a verb some days--especially the longer we're married to them--but it's so worth it. "Big" is my Bill, and I cherish each day with him, even the rotten ones. It's not as rotten when we're having a rotten time together, and good times are all the more sweet with the one you love. Blessings to you both!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet birthday tribute! Happy Birthday, Bill!

Mary L. Briggs said...

Happy birthday to Bill!! He sounds like a wonderful man--and he's blessed to have you, too, SusieQ!

Sugar Bear said...

What a loving tribute! Happy Birthday Bill!
Karla

Marilyn in NM said...

Your love for Bill just shines! Thanks for sharing that specialness with us!

smilnsigh said...

Oh my! I missed saying Happy Birthday, on his day. My badddd!

So a very Warm Belated Happy Birthday to your Billy!

Mari-Nanci

Cheryl Wray said...

So, so, so sweet!!!! You are a lucky lady!!
Happy Birthday to Bill!! May you have many, many more!!

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Bill!!! Actually it would be "belated" as of today. I'm just catching up with everyone's blogs.

Love how "adoring" the two of you "youngsters" are to each other!

Jolene George said...

Happy Birthday Bill. I know you are a wonderful person because Sue is always gushing about you like any wife in love with her husband would. I hope your day was special.

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Bill!
Sorry I missed your special day, but I've been spending time with my own special Bill. :)
Hope it was a wonderful day for you!!

Sheila said...

Happy belated birthday to Bill! Oh my, I've missed a lot! Kipper's birthday - and now Bill's! Hope it was VERY happy, and hope you guys all had a great day celebrating!!

Jill LaFaye said...

Happy..Happy Birthday!