Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Have A Seat...Comfy?

It is gonna be a LONG post! I was off line far too long! I am also just now trying to catch up with my visits to all of you! I have missed you! I will be stopping by soon so get that tea kettle on the stove okay? Do you remember this post? Ah. Of course you do! Or not but hey. The day before Grace's birthday we returned to Jenna Claire and there it was. The. Finished. Tote. The Holy Grail. The Motherlode. Heaven's trumpets sounded and the angels wept. Grace was so excited she had barely slept the night before. She even chose her clothes based on whether they would coordinate with said tote. Can you say "DIVA"? I knew you could. This gorgeous bag was now in her hot little hands and it has barely left those fingers since. She guards it like a crazed mother hawk. She informed her big brother that it was not to be, "touched, held, looked at or breathed on" by him. Do you think she liked it? Yes, she actually teared up when we got into our car. "Mommy? This is the most wonderful purse in the whole world and they are all so wonderful and I am so happy". She even had Daddy put up a special wall peg from which the tote now hangs. A place of honor. I guess that just about says it all. The owner of Jenna Claire, Daina with her precious daughter, THE Jenna Claire herself! Grace with Public Relations and Project Manager Debby and Workroom Manager, Mary. I can not say enough about how lovely these ladies were to us and how very special this shop is. If you are in the Dayton, Ohio area, PLEASE stop by and see them. They also have a splendid web site. Uh huh..mail order!! Thank you Jenna Claire!! The day before her birthday, Grace requested we dine at The Cheesecake Factory. Also in attendance were Grandma and our dear friends, *P* and *M*. We all enjoyed our dinners and then, for dessert, out came singing wait staff and their Godiva Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. Okay, as I am lying in bed dying, attired in a stunning pink velvet gown, getting more beautiful and glowing more with each step closer to death, ala Ali McGraw in "Love Story" AND surrounded by my loving family AND Brian Dennehy professing their undying love for me...I would like to have a fork full of THIS decadent taste touch my lips. Oh whoa. It was so goooood. After dinner, Grace and *M* went to Grace's favorite clothes shop, Justice. We had presented her with the money for a new outfit, top to bottom...hair band to shoes. It was what she requested. This year she did not want a big BD party and this was her idea of a *Real* grownup girl's party! Yeah baby! Shopping with *Aunt M*! Don't worry now, my feeling are not hurt...Mommy fully understands. I adore *M* too! And Grace is probably quite correct in saying that *M* knows much more about fashion then Mom. Hey, they had the best time together and she picked out some wonderful things. Yes, I DO Have pictures of everyone but am allowing the ladies their privacy in not posting them. They hate their pictures shown! You will have to take my word for it that *P* and *M*, just like all my buddies, are the prettiest of ladies! Just ask Grace!On her birthday, Mom picked up and delivered the obligatory Hannah Montana cupcakes for the classroom party! Then Mom picked up the obligatory Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus balloons. (Uh huh, Boo got his OWN balloons with Cars and Mickey. No Hannah lover he!) Then came the opening of the obligatory Hannah Montana gifts..this one from Uncle Jim and Aunt Lisa.
Then Grace blew out 10 candles on the obligatory Hannah Montana birthday cake! Have you been overdosed on Hannah Montana Grace? Grace? GRACE? I think she is stunned! Boo was just so happy to play with his new Thomas trains and to read his new Thomas books. "Bye Bye Grandma! I had a good time. Thank you for everything!"
We had a delicious dinner and smiling kids and Hannah Montana. What more could we ask for? We were unable to get out of our driveway until late Sunday afternoon. Great timing though! We had been invited to my buddy *T's* for another birthday celebration for Grace! Dinner was fantastic, the conversation great fun and we even were able to watch "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" which I had been anxious to see. So just what did the young eyes at the party do while the older ladies were viewing Clive Owen as Sir Walter Raleigh? They were spellbound by a marathon of Hannah Montana. What else? This is the fantastic gift I received from Lisa Oceandreamer! I was lucky enough to be one of her winners in the One World One Heart Giveaway! To say I was thrilled is a great understatement! Lisa is one of the most talented of women. She is giving, funny, open, honest, kind and gentle. Thank you dearest Lisa. This plum of a prize is on my blue dresser, right next to my side of the bed. It looks perfect there! Then, look what else arrived! You know the contents will be exciting when the box is hand painted like this! I was lucky enough to win Lisa's giveaway but I also won Michelle's!! I could not believe my double luck! Michelle, The Mosaic Queen sent me these wonderful treasures. I absolutely adore them both. The cupcake is on my mantel and the wall heart is above the dresser, right next to our bed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for these gifts.
Please visit both of these amazingly gifted artists. You will be so happy you did! So, how do you spend a snow day? Well, here at Rabbit Run Cottage, we painted! Here is Grace working hard at the priming coat. She and Bill did a super job. Then it was time to slap on that burgundy coat. Dan and I stepped in to help and it is now done. Okay, so there needs to be a few minor touch ups and we must re-arrange the furniture but, in essence, it IS done. Oh yes! We also picked out a new dining room table and 6 chairs. I am so excited about that! We moved the old oak set into the kitchen, keeping the oak and rush seat chairs from the kitchen set. It looks good together. I will post pictures of the completed dining room soon...I hope! But how did the other family members spend THEIR snow days? Gazing out of doors and windows and trying to imagine Spring... Taking a cat nap and dreaming about Spring... Tiring herself out searching the World Wide Web for signs of Spring... Piles of snow to the rear of the house... Buckets of snow to the front...
Nothing to do but make a snow angel...and wait for Spring. I have a few more photos to share, like one of Cassie's sweet gift and my wonderful giveaway win from Gretchen, but Blogger would not allow any more. Is it trying to tell me sumpthin'? I will get those posted tomorrow! Till then, stay well, safe and happy. You look so pretty when you smile! Love and Hugs, Susie Q

28 comments:

Cassandra said...

Where do I start?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that purse! And the mosaic cupcake!! My Grace loves Hannah Montana too...she is begging to see her in concert the next time she's around.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Susie..did you get my emails? Do you still want the bunny cake pan or no?

Love the Hannah Montana themed party!
I have never been to the Cheesecake factory...theres one here in Seattle ...I should go I guess!
Loved all the photos!
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post and catching up with all of your doings ♥

I'm with your animals though...I surely do miss
☼ spring ☼

Tara said...

Susie

what a nice post! So great to hear about your daughter's bday--Hannah Montana is a HUGE thing in our house, too!

Can't wait to see what the diningroom shapes into!
:0)
Tara

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time for Grace and the family.. PLEASE Grace may I use the bag just one day? I love it.
I have never eatten at Cheessecake Fac. it looks awsome. I think Grace was in SUGAR overload hehe.
miss you Susie Q.

Deb said...

What a fabulous post Susie! Grace looks like she had an amazing birthday :-} Happy Birthday Grace.

Rue said...

First.. Happy Birthday to Grace! It sounds like she had a wonderful birthday and second, thank you for sharing the info on her purse! I checked out the website and I think I'll have to get one myself! I love that you have the option to make your own. How fun is that?! :) I can't wait to see the dining room when you're finished.
Have a great day today,
Rue :)

bj said...

What an adorable posting, Susie....I enjoyed reading every bit of it. Thanks so much.
Hannah Montana......I have 7 granddaughters.....need I say more?? And, please read the back post I have of 5 of them getting to go see HER in person in Austin, Tx. Ahhhhh, they every one thought they had absolutely DIED AND GONE TO HM HEAVEN. (Now, I got to see her daddy in person out here in our West Texas town about 15 years ago (he had his mullet and Ache Breaky was THE song)
Come back to see me soon....
hugs, bj

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, Susie! Looks like a fun & exciting birthday for Grace. all that shopping & all that cake. Woohoo!!!

xo,
Rhoda

Cheryl Wray said...

This post just screams YAY!!! and JOY!!! and I loved every line and every photo in it!!

Grace's birthday looks fabulous...and all that "obligatory" Hannah Montana stuff looks wonderful. Your Grace and my Delaney would get along great!

(And the description of you on your deathbed was the funniest thing ever!)

Thanks so much for catching us all up on everything!!!

Hugs!!!

Jill LaFaye said...

I love your new fab purse..Grace! I can tell from the wonderful pictures that you had an awesome birthday:)

Happy Birthday!

Jolene George said...

Grace is a beautiful 10 year old little girl. I love seeing what you've all been up to. I can't believe how much snow you've gotten. This time of year I'm so glad I live in Arizona. Come the middle of summer, I'll be begging for a couch to sleep on at your house so I can enjoy your weather.

PAT said...

What a great post, Sue! Happy Birtday dear Grace!

This was fun!
Pat

Gretchen said...

Um...I think I need me a Jenna Clare. Need. ;)

Well, I've put off cleaning and laundry for too long this morning, so I better crack the whip, but wanted to check in. What a lovely post. Great pictures. Way to make your family paint your house, Sue. I knew you had some hard a$$ in you. :D

xxxxooogretchen

Southern Heart said...

What a fun post, full of joy! Happy, happy birthday to Grace!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Susie!
So happy that Grace has such a wonderful birthday! I swear she is more beautiful every day!

Can't wait to see the finished painting job....you have been BUSY!!
Hugs,
Penny
p.s. when ever you are ready, I will be here for you ;-)

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Sue,

What a fabulous post once again...it's no wonder I so enjoy coming to visit you:-) No need to ask if Grace enjoyed her birthday! hehe What a fabulous time she had from what I can see by the pictures...her new tote certainly is gorgeous!! The Cheesecake Factory...wish they had that over here...I so love cheesecake but my boys didn't so I never made it. Now you've got me craving for a slice after seeing Grace's piece!! Yummm!

Hannah Montana is very popular around here too...I've always been a big fan of Billy Ray Cyrus so sorry, Miley, but I never notice you when your dad is standing beside you! lol

Wonderful that you got the painting all done...doesn't take much time when everyone chips in:-) Can't wait to see the finished look! Always amazing the difference a paint job can make.

We also have tons of snow here and we're getting more today...YUCK! I want to think SPRING but every time I look out or go out, I can only think WINTER! lol Love ya! xoxo

jafabrit said...

Your blog is just always a delight to read, a feast for the eyes and I love the music.

send a Happy Birthday from an old gal in Yellow Springs :)

Rosemary said...

Well Susie, quite a post!!
Grace looks so cute with her purse.
What a great birthday she had!!
Love the Cheesecake Factory too!
The cupcakes were sooo cute!!
I am out of the loop, but I do know
about Hannah Montana.
I have never had a snow day.:(
They sound fun!!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
Talk soon,
Rosemary

Sheila said...

Grace has impeccable taste. Her tote is lovely. The birthday celebrations looked good too, lots of non fattening deserts, and that cheese cake. Worth the trip to Ohio I'd say...!
I wish the snow would melt don't you..!
Enough already..!
hugs
xx

Andi said...

The purse is wonderful and perfect for your Diva! And I love the Hannah Montana themed party and getting to shop...the best present!!!

Love your pictures...I could do with a little cat nap myself.

Now I'll have to check out those artists...love the mosaic! I love everything about this post!!!

auntpearl said...

Grace is beautiful. Such a wonderful smile she has. All the best.

Hugs,

Missy Glave said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Grace. Love that purse and all the Hannah Montanna stuff ... your Gracie ... she's such a girly girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace!! You're turning into quite the young lady :)

Alice said...

I'm so happy that I've been able to meet Grace through your blog. She's at such a wonderful age now where fashion is so important but yet so is Miley. It is always a delight to find out what Grace is up to.

Meggie said...

The tote is a real beauty, no wonder Grace loves it so. Wow! You got tons of snow with that last blast of winter last weekend. Do you think it's our last? Nah!!! Can't wait to see the dining room. I'm still painting trimwork. Then hang the curtains. I'll be done by Easter...yeah!!!

Melissa said...

It looks like you've been busy. I wonder if the calories in that cheesecake count if I try to block them with my mental powers?

Love the purse too!

Pamela said...

You were right... it was a marathon. But what a delightfully packed mix of the fun things and pictures.

cheesecake.. yum.. even the hubby loves cheescake. Never heard of the factory.

Late Happy birthday to Grace - and a wonderful choice for a handbag.