Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, March 03, 2008

May I Have A Drummroll Please?

Presenting my new *niece*, Casey! On Saturday afternoon, this precious dog joined our family. You probably remember when my brother and sister in law lost their dog, Haley, to cancer. That was last Summer and I guess the time was just right to add a new fur baby to their family! Casey is a *rescued*, half black lab, half German Shepherd, ALL sweet girl. I guess it is no surprise to anyone who knows me that I am already quite in love with her. She is gentle and loving and such a pretty girl. Gonna be a BIG dog, she is just 4 months old and still trying to learn how to use those confounded long legs! I guess that gracefulness is something one has to learn, not that *I* have ever been able to develop that trait myself. Ahem...so no lessons in being nimble from Auntie Sue sweet Casey!
A little blurry I know but Casey is a not one to sit still for long! I was able to capture the first kiss she gave my nephew, Boo. I think they will be great buddies! Casey? Meet your new Daddy! Yup Casey, ask your pretty new Mama there...Auntie Sue takes LOTS of pictures so get used to it! This weekend, and today, were just so beautiful. Just a taste of Spring with warmer breezes and clear, blue skies. Oh but the sun was bright and cheery. Ah....I think Casey and I will just stay out here on her deck & enjoy it a little more. Have a wonderful week dear friends. March is finally here and Spring is right around the corner... Love and Hugs, Susie Q

19 comments:

Gretchen said...

Look at that sweet, sweet smile. I know she is. I can just tell. :) I'm so happy for you and your family, Sue. Puppies are a pain sometimes, but they are sooooo worth it in all the love they give. So very cute. xxxooogretchen

Valerie said...

Casey is beautiful!! i just wanna hug the stuffings out of her!!

and i love those earrings you made Mama P - so cute!

Mockingbird Hill said...

This must be rescue week...my Mom is bringing home a new baby of her own tomorrow! She is so excited about having "someone" to care for...she just can't wait!

Best of everything to Casey and family..she's lucky to have a good home and it looks like they are lucky to have her.

Cassie
**PS** French Girl Info Is Up!

Cherdecor said...

Casey looks like a wonderful dog! Four months old? She is going to be a big dog!

We had a Lab/mixed one time. His name was Bear and he was the best dog we ever had!

Good luck to this new family!

Kathleen Grace said...

What a pretty puppy! I like your new header too!

PAT said...

Can't resist a face like that. What a sweetie pie, Sue!

Pat

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a sweet puppy!! Oh I'd like to bring them all home. :-) Rosie

Debra from Bungalow said...

What a great addition to their family! Dogs are the greatest pals. Hugs, DebraK

Sugar Bear said...

What a cutie. Such a lovely dark color. Casey is so lucky to have you for an auntie!
Karla

Justabeachkat said...

Looking into that sweet face, you can just tell she'll be a sweetheart. Love the name Casey too. I can tell she already has you wrapped around her "little" paws.

I love, love, love your new look!! Very pretty.

Have a wonderful day. It's rainy here today.

Hugs!
Kat

Sandi McBride said...

How she's beautiful...aren't you Casey? Aren't you just the sweetest thing???? Are you sure she's only four months old, Suse? Or in a few months when we ask where she sleeps will your answer be "anywhere she wants"? But she's a beauty...
hugs
Sandi

Deb said...

What a great post Susie. Casey is adorable & the last photo looks like one I have of Ben when he was 6 months old. Congratulations on your newest family member :-}

Anonymous said...

Casey is adorable and I love that she's a rescue! She's lucky to be part of such a wonderful family!

Manuela

Alice said...

What a beautiful fur baby! It is so sad when a pet passes but we dog lovers have lots of room in our hearts for new additions to our families, never forgetting those who came before. Congratulations to the whole family.

Anonymous said...

SHE'S CUTE AND SEEMS TO LIKE YOUR NEPHEW :)

Andi said...

Casey is wonderful...and so shiny and pretty!!! Congratulations on the newest addition to the family!!!

Melissa said...

Anna Marie told me just yesterday that she wishes she had a black dog, that she could name Blackjack and lead around with a black leash.

She's very color-coorinated like that, you know.

Great pictures!

Janet said...

She looks so sweet an I am sure that Boo will love her to death:) (Well not literally, of course).

Love your new banner.
Janet

Meggie said...

SusieQ: How in the world did I miss this post? You new furry nieces most certainly looks like my Onyx, especially before Onyx got all of her grey hair. (I haven't yet found Clairol for dogs.) Casey is a beauty! Love the photos...so cute of her giving a big lick...I mean kiss...to Boo. That is one lucky doggie!