Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Can It Now Be Spring?

A light exists in spring Not present on the year At any other period. When March is scarcely here A color stands abroad On solitary hills That silence cannot overtake, But human nature feels. It waits upon the lawn; It shows the furthest tree Upon the furthest slope we know; It almost speaks to me. Then, as horizons step, Or noons report away, Without the formula of sound, It passes, and we stay: A quality of loss Affecting our content, As trade had suddenly encroached Upon a sacrament. ~Emily Dickinson

8 comments:

smilnsigh said...

Wow, first comment!!!!

smilnsigh said...

But I don't trust that first glimpse of Spring. That day when things "look different." Etc. I've seen it. And it's gone again.

Oh I know, it's not far from staying. I know. But, not yet. Not yet. Around my neck of the woods. Best of luck with it staying, in your neck of the woods.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Sugar Bear said...

Spring Spring please come now!
Karla

Janet said...

Waiting, still waiting!!

Anonymous said...

Spring is here in Georgia along with the terrible storms. I've moved ahead - I'm longing for summer now!

Manuela

Sheila said...

Sue I do hope it is nearly here. One day is mild, the next freezing. I have little buds swelling on the cherry tree, and the snow is beginning to recede.
I will cross my fingers with you, and hope it is so.
hugs
xx

cotedetexas said...

I'm really getting spring fever and this blog isn't helping!!! Love the tulips.

And thank you for the sweet comment!

Joni

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh, I LOVE Tulips!!! Thank you for "picking" those for me :-).

Enjoy the rest of your week, my friend.