Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Will You Be Wearin' Of The Green?

St. Patrick's Day is almost here! Isn't it fun to celebrate with a few special extra touches? Life is meant to be enjoyed and a little *Irish Spirit* can be yours easily and for very little money! Just have fun with it...holidays are meant to be savored~
On March 17th, all of us are just a wee bit Irish! The three-leaf clover, or shamrock, became linked with Ireland through the missionary work of Saint Patrick, who used its trefoil pattern to symbolize Christianity's Holy Trinity. In celebration of the holiday that commemorates the saint's death (March 17)
Isn't this cupcake sweet? Just bake some cupcakes using your favorite cake mixes or recipe. Ice and add a tiny spring of clover. Just remember to remove it before you take a nibble! Or sprinkle a bit of green sugar on top...green M & Ms would also be fun! Or, for the shamrock, flatten 3 green gumdrops or spearmint leaves with a rolling pin (sprinkle on a little sugar, if necessary, to keep the candies from sticking). Use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart from each flattened leaf. Place the hearts together on the cupcake to form a shamrock. Cut a stem from the excess of one of the flattened candies and set it in place below the 3 hearts. Voila! A shamrock you CAN eat!
Set a sweet "Wearin' Of The Green" table ever so easily...In expensive green glassware can be found so many places. I found some very pretty ones at our local dollar store! I got green glass plates from good old Walmart and have seen them at our K Mart as well. Create a centerpiece from pots of shamrocks (clover) that can often be found at this time of the year in local supermarkets. A green or white table cloth and napkins will do the trick! Tie green ribbon or raffia around the napkins. Gather some greenery from out of doors or from your local florist. Toss a few green apples in a bowl. Choose a few of them to hollow out and place tea lights inside. And don't forget the Leprechaun's gold! Gold foil-covered chocolate coins can be added to your table decorations! Hey! Even a few green Jelly beans tossed around the table would be cute!
~Leprechaun's Lemonade~

Mix 2 parts lemonade,

1 part lemon-lime soda,

and 1 part Surge soft drink.

My wish for all of of you, my dear, dear friends... May you always have Walls for the winds, A roof for the rain, Tea beside the fire, Laughter to cheer you, Those you love near you, And all your heart might desire! Blessings to you all! Love and hugs, Susie Q

26 comments:

Mima said...

In England, St Patricks Day isn't celebrated! But I used to live in Grand Cayman, and there the celebrations were huge, and we used to turn everything green - it was great fun. Hope that you have a wonderful day.

Kathleen Grace said...

HI Sue,
I love how that green table setting looks, and the tips for setting a pretty table are wonderful! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to see what green I can dig up:>)

Sunflower Farm and Petit Creek Lavender said...

I love your blog and enjoyed the story on your daughters birthday. Birthdays around here are like National Holidays... I really liked your post about St. Patricks Day

Janet said...

Sue,

I am going to do my memories of Ireland post tomorrow night. Tonight I am going to watch "Out of Africa" which I have never seen. You with your never ending movie knowledge have inspired me to get watchin' some of the classics I have missed.

Janet

Anonymous said...

wow....St. Patrick's Day is day after tomorrow. Susis Q. thanks for the reminder. Fabulous post. ~ Lynn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Erin Go Bragh dear Susie!
Hugs,Penny

Meggie said...

Wonderful St. Patrick's Day sentiments, SusieQ. It's the one day of the year that I get to be Irish. I've always celebrated March 17...one year made Irish soda bread....not one of my success stories, I'm afraid. I think I'll stick with cupcakes. PS: Our St. Pat's parade this morning was over 2 hours long.

Andi said...

And Blessing to You as well my dear friend. Hope your St Patricks Day is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

i will have to remember to wear green.I went to town yesyerday and they all had green necklaces. Maybe in Mississippi we are nuts and celebrate on the weekend lol.

Rue said...

Hi Sue,
I just found out I had Irish in my family tree not too long ago, so now I can celebrate too! :)
I believe that houses have souls too and I think this house's soul needs love. Hopefully I'm the one that will be able to give it ;)
Have a great Sunday sweetie,
Rue :)

PAT said...

Yesterday was the St Patrick's Day parade in STL. It was a cold and damp day! We didn't attend.

Wonderful St Pat's post, Sue!

Happy St Pat's to you and your family.

Pat

Donna said...

Ohhhh, love the St. Patrick's Day celebration on your post! Thanks for the tips and for sharing!
Hugs,
Donna

robin c. said...

You have the coolest ideas!!!! I loved your post.

Have a dandy St. Patricks Day!

hugs,

robin

Tara said...

I think I had better put out the green tongiht so I'll remember when getting dressed in the earlt morning dark tomorrow!!

Sheila said...

Have a great St Patrick's Day too Susie. I will be spending it in toronto at a product launch.
Maybe we will find an Irish pub to have lunch in..!
hugs
xx

Cassandra said...

I remember getting a pot of shamrocks at church when I was a child...my grandmother sat them next to her other plants and before long all the plants had shamrocks poking out of them!

Mom2fur said...

I have some cupcakes I made a while back, which I posted about. I took them from the freezer yesterday and will ice them tomorrow. I love the idea of gumdrop shamrocks!
I have a sweatshirt with shamrocks on it. Seems appropriate...since my maiden name starts with "Mc"!

Mary said...

Have a happy day, Sue! Loved the green table setting, and the cupcake! My husband has already laid out his green tie for tomorow, and my daugher is looking for her shamrock pin. I will celebrate with a cup of tea (Irish Breakfast) in my shamrock teacup...
xoxo,
Mary

Simply Heart And Home said...

A blessed St. Patty's day to you and yours! We celebrated a wee bit early. I made the traditional corned beef and the works. It was delicious!

Blessings,

Gina

Rosemary said...

Hi Susie,
Love all of the green. It looks so festive. That drink sounds really good. Have a Happy St. Pattys Day!
Rosemary

Indigo Robe said...

Happy Green Day~

Love all of the pretty green things on your blog!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Margie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day! Cheers!!!

xo
Becky

Jill LaFaye said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Melissa said...

I love St. Patrick's Day - it's one of the easier holidays to celebrate. Just wear something green, and you're done!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Happy St Patrick's day to you & your family! The lemonade sounds like fun.
Hugs, DebraK

Jolene George said...

Happy St. Patricks day Susie. Thanks for sharing recipes.
I'm loving that lille cottage. Very charming.