Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Excitement

Just some of our Eggs-tra sweet moments this past weekend. You will notice someone is absent! Our son, Daniel, has been in Pittsburgh, PA visiting some friends. This was the only chance they all had to get together in awhile and he is having a wonderful time. We missed him but he has really enjoyed seeing the sights and getting together with his friends and their families. He has a few Easter goodies awaiting his arrival back home!
Bunnies of all kinds visit Rabbit Run at Easter time! These were ever so sweet.
And this bunny enjoyed all the baking and cooking that goes into Easter goodies.
Ssh. An artist is hard at work... "Mommy! I swear I did not chase the Easter Bunny! I look guilty? No way! This is my innocent look...I have it down to a science! It was the cats! I swear it was the cats!!" Oh did Grace get goodies from a certain rabbit. Odd fellow that he is, he made quite a mess of some carrots, left a piece of lettuce on the rug and got paw prints just inside the back door! But he did leave some fun things...and Kipper had a field day sniffing his trail. Not bad loot. An egg hiding here... An egg hiding there.We attended the 9:15 am service at our church. The program was amazing. Our choir director is a wonderful and very creative musician as is the music coordinator/organist/pianist. It was uplifting and beautiful. The sun was shining and the skies were blue! It was chilly but you could feel Spring in the air! After church, Grace opened up her Easter goodies from Grandma and Uncle Jim and Aunt Lisa! We all went to brunch at the Yankee Trace Community Country Club. It is such a lovely spot and the food is always so good. I tried to hide this rabbit under my coat but my shivering gave me away... My brother Jim and our Mom Miriam. Brady and his Mommy Lisa. Boo and his Daddy Who is that behind the Foster Grants? Mom got a chuckle out of Boo's silliness! My Mom, the rabbit...and no. She did not have anything stronger to drink than iced tea! This family was at the next table and we all got such a kick out of their Easter bonnets! Aren't they cute? Bye Bye Auntie Sue! We will see you at my house in a little while! Easter brunch was just wonderful... ...at the Yankee Trace Community Country Club. Lisa the Easter Bunny and Grace playing a game. Here Gram, this is for you from me! My sweet girl Another picture of the pretty primroses on my sis in law's table. Posing for Easter pictures...my brother and sis in law keep a beautiful yard and garden. I will have to show you pictures when things begin to bloom! As you can see, Spring has yet to hop into the Miami Valley! But we are keeping an eye out...it has warmed up and the sun was out on Easter Sunday...it IS on it's way! "Hey Gracie! Can I get in on some of this picture action?" Casey is our newest family member...my brother and sis in law's new puppy. Brady says, "Spin me Grace! Spin me!" What can match the exuberance of a 6 month old puppy and a 10 year old girl? Not much! A boy and his dog! And a girl that gets silly behind her Uncle's back!Chase me Grace, says Boo... ...and spin me again!See? I really AM the Mother Bunny! And here is the Daddy bunny with our girl! And my nephew bunny saying, "Is it all over already?"" Auntie Sue! No more kissing and hugging! Go on home already!" We hope your Easter was as happy as ours was! The weekend was busy and full and fun! The only thing that would have made it even better were if Danny had been home....oh, that and Brian Dennehy stopping by to see me. I wish you all a sweet week filled with smiles and hugs and laughter! Love, Susie Q

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Easter celebration you had!

I loved seeing Grace dye the eggs, my daughter decided against it this year due to time constraints, but I missed it!

Luv those yellow bunny ears! *wink*

Valerie said...

that girl of yours gets prettier every day.

it looks like you had a wonderful Easter, i'm so glad!! your mom looks great, too - how is she doing?

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter - and Grace does look so pretty!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures of your family on Easter! What a happy bunch. :-) Rosie

Domestic Diva said...

Your action shots are fantastic! I loved the ones of your daughter and the lab. They look like they belong on a wall somewhere!

Domestic Diva said...

Your action shots are fantastic! I loved the ones of your daughter and the lab. They look like they belong on a wall somewhere!

Cheryl Wray said...

These are such WONDERFUL Easter pictures. Joy fills them all!!

Have a wonderful day my friend!

Sheila said...

Sue, your pictures are just wondeful! I felt like I was right there with you all, getting in on all the fun!
Tony and Lisa colored eggs too. I forgot to put the pictures up! I have to transfer them from the camera first!
Glad you all had a nice Easter!

Cherdecor said...

I loved looking at all your Easter pictures. Those Bunny cupcakes, what a HOOT! Good action shots with the puppy!

I looked at your church trying to remember if I had ever seen it before. The landmarks don't look familiar. It has been a long time since I was in your town. I am glad you had a wonderful Easter service!

Jolene George said...

Such a wonderful Easter day! You all look so great and obviously enjoyed your time together.
I can imagine how hard smuggling out a bunny ice sculpture is. He would have looked great at your house.

Alice said...

It was such fun to look at the pictures of your Easter. Grace, with her artist's eye, created some beautiful eggs. She looked so pretty in her Easter dress and especially in that pink spring coat.

Sugar Bear said...

How fun! I love all of the photos. They all speak of the joy, love, and happiness in your home and family. Hey - Gracie - the Easter Bunny gave me Enchanted too!
Karla

Sheila said...

Great family photos Sue.
I'm glad you had a lovely Easter.
I smiled when I saw Grace wearing an Easter themed head band. That girl of yours loves her accessories..!
hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Easter.I loved being there in pictures.

Brown English Muffin said...

I just LOVED this post...my fav pics where your mother doing bunny ears, gracie spinning brady and gracie running with the dog...those brought the biggest smile to my face I love those.

Your mothers a funny lady!!! LOL

Ally Jay said...

What a beautiful time you had. So much fun in every shot.

Cassandra said...

Great pictures as always! I love those cupcakes! My girls got the movie Enchanted too!

Anonymous said...

I loved your pictures! The infamous bunny left Enchanted for Emily as well.

Sandi McBride said...

What a wonderful post, SusieQ...did Brian drop in with the Easter Bunny? Gracie is such a beauty...better get ready with the stick, the boys will be dropping by any time now! Casey is a cutie!
hugs
Sandi

Andi said...

I had the most delightful time just enjoying your pictures of Easter! Thank you for sharing them with me. Grace is such a beauty and looks so pretty in her Easter dress. And that litte Brady in his Foster Grants is too cute! Love the bunny ears and the family in their Easter Bonnets were great!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Absolutely delightful pictures! The rabbits are so cute with their marshmallows and such!

I am having a hen party on Saturday night and am in a quandry over what to serve. Do you happen to have a favorite dessert or appetizer recipe? I would love suggestions if you have the time.

Thanks,
Gina

Lisa Pogue said...

What a wonderful weekend full of great memories. The bunny cupcakes look amazing, and what fun to make I'm sure.

cotedetexas said...

AW chat!!!!! What an adorable little girl and what a sweet Easter!!! My "baby" is turning 17 on Saturday :( and Easter is just not the same anymore!! Hold on to these years, they go by so fast.

Thanks for your so sweet comment!!!
Joni

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Your sweet daughter looks so beautiful in her Easter dress. It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Thank you so much for sharing your day with us. Smiles.......

Tammy said...

Those were ALL such wonderful pictures! I think I enjoyed seeing each and every one!
Your family looks so happy at the Easter brunch...and your daughter is SO lovely!
Thanks for sharing!

Pamela said...

I'm always too late for cake.
I enjoyed the pictures, tho!