Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Translucent Spirit

I am beginning my visits to you all tomorrow...I apologize for the delay! It has been another busy week. Today we had a meeting with Grace's teacher's after school, Daniel arrived home and tonight, Mom and I had a 2 hour board meeting at our church. We arrived a wee bit early so I took advantage of those few moments to shoot a few pictures. I love the art of stained glass. The oldest section of our church is filled with many glorious examples of this ancient craft. I hope you will enjoy a little tour of these old treasures.
I send love and hugs to you all. I hope your week is going well. Be good to yourselves! XXOO Susie Q

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are fantastic!

You should do a Church directory or something...hey I know, they should run a section in the Dayton news on stained glass windows...

We passed by your stomping grounds recently...did you hear me...I hollered Hey Susie Q!! ♥

Valerie said...

it's beautiful!

Kathleen Grace said...

Sue, I just adore stained glass and the sunlight streaming through it! Thank you for sharing the jewel like beauty of these windows!

Melissa said...

How pretty - the church we've been attending has no windows - it was built in the last couple of years, and that's the "trend" I suppose, to have the sanctuary in the middle and classrooms around the perimeter.

But I think it lacks a certain something, you know?

Andi said...

Sue, these stained glass windows are exquisite...so very lovely. Thank you for sharing their beauty. I love stained glass too.

A Romantic Porch said...

susie Q...thanks for dropping by my porch for a visit. I enjoyed it tremendously. I hope you will feel free to drop by again real soon. Your blog is so interesting. xoRachel

LivingTheLife said...

I love those pictures of all the stained glass windows in your church....man oh man...now that is a CHURCH!! I love the older churches with architecture interest and beautiful stained glass. I know a church is a building and the importance comes from the word and those inside...but a beautiful place to worship is an added bonus...doncha think!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet words about my dad...we are both very blessed woman...aren't we???

Blessings...
Teresa

Gretchen said...

Gorgeous pictures, and a wonderful subject, of course. Just gorgeous and vibrant, and ...

xxxooogretchen