Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oh Sheesh...Not Another Dennehy Reference....

Mr. D in *2004* NOT *1954*
Hmmm.....now. How about...me, in the Dublin Pub, a great after school hang out for teenagers in New York City and the year is 1954. I am siting there in my white sweater with the pearl buttons and the enameled bluebird sweater clasp. You know. The one my great aunt brought back from her trip to Japan. I have a pink Peter Pan collared blouse on, a pale pink swirl skirt, lace edged anklets and saddle shoes. I am sipping a Coke and unconsciously twirling my Grandmother's pearls around my fingers. My friends, Dee Dee, Angela, Sandra and I are giggling and chatting. It's October, the sun is bright, the sky is cloudless and the leaves are falling in Central Park. It's a cool Saturday afternoon... A sandy haired football player from Chaminade High School walks in with his buddies. He looks so good in his blue letter man jacket... Okay, one BIG problem Susie Q. You were not even BORN until 1956 sweetie. Get a grip. Hey! That thingee said I should be IN 1954 and IN Dublin (I know what they meant but this IS my dream after all!) and be IN New York City...ever hear of poetic license?? Huh? Oh sheesh....can I help it if I have an over active imagination? And it is rainy and I am putting off cleaning the bathrooms? Okay, I'll go...I'll go...now where did I leave that Windex?

16 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

But daydreaming is so much more fun!
Karla

Carole Burant said...

LOL I use to daydream like that about Elvis but unfortunately I wasn't born until 1957 and he was just becoming a sensation!! I always said I shoulda been a teenager in '57!! xox

Rosemary said...

You crack me up!
I was born in 1956 too.
Rosemary

Sheila said...

You are a card Sue..!
Your imagination is wonderful..!
But like I always say if you are going to fantasize, go for the gusto....!

The French Nest said...

You are hilarious, Sue!

xo Kate

P.S. Love that pic of Brian Dennehy...so dreamy!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

OK, so I'm behind, Susie! I love, love, love your corner cabinets. It's beeeutiful. I'm so glad you found that gorgeous piece. Perfect in your LR.

Rhoda

Valerie said...

i dreamed like that about Donny Osmond back when...i just wasn't sure how to tell my mom i was gonna leave our church to join the Osmond's church...wasn't gonna go well.

thankfully THAT worked itself out.

Gill said...

Okay, the alien movie thingie, where Brian Dennehy is the lead alien dude, LOVED IT!!!
xo
Blue

FrenchGardenHouse said...

what a fun dream, and you were so well dressed, too!
Lidy

Anonymous said...

LOL, well Mother Rabbit, you are one hilarious fiction writer! Are you sure you were only born in'56? LOL, Dublin, NYC, '54,. . . .it sure sounded like you were revisiting, to moi. So THIS is the artistic way of putting off bathroom cleaning! I love it! LOL
Have another great day, and know what? I bet that bathroom can wait a bit longer . . . :-)

Paula said...

Cute story! Had me caught in the moment from the get-go!! Awhile back, someone commented that you should write books - I agree!
Paula

Cheryl Wray said...

I love your obsession with Brian! Hey, we all need some sweet obsessions!!!

Betty Jo said...

You are sooooooo funny and I'm lovin' it. Would you believe that except for the pearls I dressed very much like that during high school. We hung out afterwards at the corner drugstore sipping cherry coke, and dreaming over those football players. I really needed these fun memories and your delightful post today. Thanks!! xoxo

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

hmmm, how interesting....all roads seem to lead to one place.....Brian Blvd! heehee. You crack me up!!

XOXO

Pamela said...

I'm not saying when I was born... but I could have been there and not remembered.

Unknown said...

I could totally picture what you were wearing - even if it was in your imagination!!! Sounds adorable.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com