This colorful new twist on a classic treat is a great gift for you or your child to give to anyone you are just a wee bit sweet on this
February 14th. Heck, you can even eat 'em yourself!
RECIPE INGREDIENTS: Cooking spray 3 tablespoons margarine 6 cups mini (or 60 regular-size) marshmallows Red food coloring 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal Heart-shaped cookie cutter Plastic bags, yarn
1. To begin, lightly coat a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside.
2. Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring them continuously until they melt. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in drops of red food coloring until the color receives a thumbs-up from the chef.
3. Add the Rice Krispies, stirring until they are evenly coated with marshmallow. Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet.
4. With waxed paper (or lightly buttered hands), smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.
5. Cut out hearts with the cookie cutter. Place each heart in a clear plastic bag, tie on a yarn bow, and they're ready for giving.
Makes seven 5-inch hearts.