I still have a certain box to mail to the lovely Leona and am so embarrassed that it still sits, lonely and quite forlorn, in my study. I am a bad blog giverawayer I know. But I added a few more trinkets as an apology!
Now, I have been far too remiss in posting more delicious chocolate recipes and ideas and decadent pictures of late. And here it is February 27th! Believe me, I am hanging my head in shame. Really. It is quite sad.
Chocolate Month is almost at an end so there needs to be a few more offerings. So, without further ado...
Godiva's Devilish Hot Chocolate
4 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, chopped
1 cup water
3 cups whole milk
8 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
Dash cayenne pepper
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cayenne Whipped Cream:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch cayenne pepper
Make the hot chocolate: Place chocolate and water in microwave-safe bowl.
Microwave on medium (50% power) 1 minute.
Microwave 1 minute more or until chocolate softens.
Stir until smooth. Let cool. Combine milk, cloves, cinnamon sticks and cayenne pepper in saucepan.
Warm milk mixture over medium heat until
bubbles form around edge of pan. Whisk chocolate mixture into milk.
Add sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer
for 5 minutes. Strain mixture, reserving cinnamon sticks.
Rinse cinnamon sticks, pat dry and set aside for garnish. Return mixture to saucepan and stir in cream.
Over low heat, heat to simmer. Stir in vanilla extract.
Make the cayenne whipped cream: Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until
stiff peaks form. Pour hot chocolate into four mugs.
Serve immediately topped with Cayenne Whipped Cream and cinnamon stick.
Godiva's Brownie Cups
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 bars (1.5 ounces each)
Godiva Dark Chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 large egg1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 flat-bottomed ice cream cups
Ice Cream Filling:
1 quart ice cream (your favorite flavor) Decoration:
Candy-coated chocolate baking bits,
assorted sprinkles, chopped nuts, granola, cookie crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Place chocolate in medium bowl.
2. Combine butter, sugars and water in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and pour hot syrup over chocolate. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes to melt chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
3. Whisk in egg, blending until smooth. Stir in vanilla and flour mixture. Divide batter among 10 ice cream cups, using about 2 1/2 tablespoons batter per cup. Arrange cups, evenly spaced, on baking sheet.
4. Bake brownie cups for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests or toothpick insert into center of brownie comes out clean. Set cups on baking sheet on wire rack to cool completely.
5. Place scoop of ice cream on top of each cup. Decorate with the candies of your choice.
Okay, are you happy now?? I surely am! Yummmm....