Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

More Corners

My basement family room....the little school desk. It has the sweetest little seat with it. There are names etched into it, Mike and John. Most of the old books were my mother's, one was my Grandfather's. The old inkwell and abacus were gifts from Navy friends years ago. The tin lunch pail was a gift from the inn keeper of a special place we stayed several years ago. The eraser was a gift from one of my pre-school students in Virginia Beach. My last name seemed too difficult for some so we went with Mrs. Sue. I liked that!
It is so chilly here. Spring has left the building, well, so to speak. There was so much black ice on the roads this morning and it caused quite a few accidents.
Bill had to drive up to his company's home office and what should have taken 2 1/2 hours took him 5. But he made it safely and that is what is important.
Stay safe dear friends...
Hugs,
Susie Q

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Gosh I just posted a comment and you have another post up..!
The weather here is nasty too, very cold and blowing snow..!
Who ordered a white Easter...not me..!
Your little desk and collection of pretties is very sweet, I love the little bird nest in the 'twig'lamp..
hugs
xx

Gypsy Purple said...

Have a great and blessed
Easter

Valerie said...

that is good that he's home...good thing, too! the hutch wouldn't be the same without Papa Bunny!

Sugar Bear said...

It got cold here too. Where is spring?!
Karla

Cassandra said...

You have such a great home! I am so jealous of you ladies with the great decorating sense!

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

What a sweet corner. And I love reading about the memories attached to the objects :-) Lovely!

Melissa said...

I just love seeing the little "vignettes" in your home! You are so talented!

Andi said...

Sue, I dropped by the other day and left a comment on this post but for some reason it didn't seem to take. So I'll try again.

I love that you posted this adorable corner with the school desk. It has inspired me to try and do a little better with the school desk I have. Mine looks so very plain...of course all I have sitting on the desk in a book and wooded apple. I'm going to try and "gussie it up" a little more.

I'll let you know how it turns out.