Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Kipper

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."
-- James Thurber
Our Kip. What can I say. The dog has more joie de vivre than anyone or thing I have ever seen. It was the Summer of 2001 and we had just lost our 15 year old cat, Hannah. I was at my mother's in TN and just did not wish to face going home to a "pet less" house. I was, to say the least, broken hearted. My mom, son and I visited her local shelter with hope of finding a new cat. But there was Kip. He was a small ball of matted fur, scared to death, with the saddest eyes I had ever seen. So he joined our family. 5 years later, we all dance to his tune! He is a mixture of either Border Collie and/or Australian Shepherd and who knows what.
He is the happiest boy imaginable. Loving but protective, he adores his family. Now, if we could just do something about the objectionable behavior he displays to, 1. Mail Carriers 2. Bicyclists 3. Large dogs and 4. Squirrels. But, hey. No one is perfect right?

No comments: