Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What A Wonderful World...

...what a wonderful weekend! And now I am officially exhausted! Whew.
I hope all of you are beginning your week with smiles and feeling good...Spring was definitely out in force last weekend. Today? Not so much! It is rainy and cold. But I can just look back and feel warm...so. Just what were we up to? Let's take a peek...
...and as always, most pictures may be clicked on for a larger view.
We took a drive through the St. Anne's Hill and the Oregon District neighborhoods of Dayton. We always love the old houses, the cottages being a huge favorite.
Don't you love the front door here? This pretty place in just across the street from a great seafood spot, Jay's. We love this house, especially the front stoop. Here is a closeup of it...the purple door and the stainless steel accessories! LOVE that. LOVE this red house...
...and this side garden.
This is our favorite place...a sweet cottage that I would
LOVE to see inside. Maybe someday...
Here is the cottage's side courtyard.
I love this house and look at their wonderful front yard and porch.
Still all decked out for Easter.
Then we drove past a few of downtown Dayton's churches...
this one, Holy Trinity, was built in 1860 and has always been one of my favorites.
Friday night found us out with several of my high school friends. We met at a local spot to hear
The Stumps. The Stumps are something of a legend in the Dayton area and have been together since the 1960s. What great music! They play mostly songs from the 60s and 70s and what's not to love about that? The drummer is their newest member and just happens to be a friend from our high school days! We all wanted to be there to support him, the band and have a good time listening to classic rock and roll.
Saturday was busy...at 10 am, a group of us from church met to
clean up the city bike and hike trail. It was a delight to see how well it had been cared for and how little trash was there. Good work Dayton! Then it was time for a treat...Kipper decided that it had been too long since we had taken him to Ritter's, sooooo....
Okay Dudes. Here is where *I* take over the story. What the old lady t'ain't tellin' you is this. They said it was too cold to go to the last Dog Night at Ritter's. Come on dudes. It was ONLY 20 degrees and a little icy. Gee whiz. So I figured they owed me ya know?
Whoo Hoo! Here we are!!
T'ain't it beautiful dudes? It just glows in the sun. *sigh*
There were only a few peeps there but this little dudette really had it bad for the Kipster.
So's I gave her a tumble and smooched her nose...
Dad had to hold my cuppa so's it didn't get away...I have one mean slurp ya know!
Oh wait dudes!! A little help here...hello? STOP laughin'!
Whoa...help a little dude out?
If they would stop laughin' for one second and help me I could get this off my face...my mom better NOT be takin' my picture...
Aw gee dudes...the 'scream is all gone and so's my story is ended.
Don't I look sad? *sniff* Till next time!
After Ritter's we headed over to Woodland Cemetery. It is truly one of Dayton's gems and such a lovely, historic and peaceful place. The geese and ducks were all enjoying a warm Spring day...
This is the gravesite for the Wright family...
You might recognize two of these names...
Then we drove around some of our favorite parks to take in more Spring beauty...
Late afternoon arrived and so did softball practice.
Grace seems ready to catch those grounders...
Grace at bat...
Grace and her BFF, Miss K. You should see Miss K pitch! This girl has quite the arm!
Then it was dinner out for our little athlete. She chose her favorite
Chinese restaurant and her favorite dish. We met our good buddy, T, and had a lovely time. As we headed home, this was the sunset that greeted us.
Talk about a perfect ending to a sweet day!
Sunday was a little rainy but we still enjoyed our day. After church, Mom, Bill, Grace and I headed to a favorite spot for brunch. Afternoon was spent at the movies with Grace and our friend, Z. Z and Grace wanted to see 17 Again.
Is that Zac Efron downright adorable or what? And no. I am NOT robbin' any cradles here. I would still prefer my beloved Brian Dennehy but I am just sayin'...
That evening we met our dear friends T and C at a benefit dinner. The Robyn's Nest is an animal rescue organization that does some awesome things. We had spaghetti, salad, bread and dessert and enjoyed seeing all the fur babies up for adoption.
This was Charlie Brown...such a sweet boy...
And this is Hannah. She was rescued just a few weeks ago and is looking for a new home.
Okay. Truth time. I fell in love with her and oh how I want to bring her home with us. I have yet to convince Bill that we need another pet but oh how I love her. She is such a small girl...won't get any bigger...and a sweetie. Even if it isn't here, I pray she will find a new home soon.
I send each one of you lots of love and many hugs. Enjoy your week and savor each day.
Life is SO good...
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

25 comments:

Sue said...

My heavens, you guys did the tours- how did you find the time?! Love the gorgeous house pics in St. Anne's and Oregon District. The only buildings that I am familiar with down in Oregon are the bars...
Oooh- the drummer... I know that story... And the next time you go to Ritters, I will expect to get an invitation, okay? Later, my friend, xoxo Sue

SaraG said...

Awesome photo's Sue, ALL of them!!
Take care and have a good week. Looks like NICE weather towards the weekend and all weekend long too!! YEAH!!

Salmagundi said...

That weekend wore me out, and I'm just sitting here!!! Can't you just barge in some of the beautiful houses, and tell them Sally wants to see the inside of them through your blog??? Also, glad you finally gave into Kipper; dogs have to have their ice cream. Have a great week. Sally

Mumzie said...

What wonderful pictures and a great time you have shared with us. Houses look so very different in your neck of the woods. Thanks for sharing. Mumzie

Allidink said...

Wow you guys did a lot and looks like it was a lot of fun! Those houses were awesome!! I would love to own one myself LOL. Your little dog is so adorable, I love animals! Thanks!

All the best,
Allison

Bonnie said...

How do you fit all those things you do into a day? I just love it when you take your little tours and treks and share the photos. I love looking at old houses and buildings. I'm glad Kipper finally got some 'scream. I hope all those dogs get good homes. Maybe Bill will let Kipper have a little friend.

Rosemary said...

You guys do the best stuff.
These homes are so amazing. Love them all.
What fun!!
Hope you are having a great week!
Rosemary

Brenda Eason said...

Love the photos and the homes are all beautiful.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love all of those wonderful older homes! I could live in any one of them!!

Looks like a great weekend.
Hugs,
Penny

Sheila said...

Phew! What a busy weekend..!
Loved every minute.
Those cottages are beautiful, my fave is the little green one above the red one, you know the one I mean..!
Boy your flowers are really blooming, you are weeks ahead of us.
Hugs to all 'specially the Kipper..
xx

Terri Steffes said...

You all know how to do a weekend! I love the houses, that would be so much fun. I love rockers so this band would have been right up my alley!

Cherdecor said...

I loved strolling down the street with you in the Oregon District. Such cute cottages and old houses!

SmilingSally said...

So now you're a band groupie? This is such a lovely tour. Thanks for taking me along. No wonder you're worn out, but be sure to come visit--after your nap.

Jeanie said...

Oh, my! Thanks for taking us on your Dayton tour -- it's great! Love those old buildings!

And Hannah is a dear! It's good to be checking back in on you!

Cecile said...

Awesome tour!!You have an award over on my blog:)

Meggie said...

Love ALL the houses on the tour, Sue! Soooo charming!! Nice to hear that the trail has been well maintained and appreciated. Grace looks like a natural on the softball field. Ole Kipper was long overdue for his trip to Ritter's.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh my gosh...Grace is playing softball. You KNOW how much I love softball!!!! Good for her...and good luck!!!

And these look like such Great times!! Those houses and churches and flowers are all just perfect!!!

Deb said...

Great post Susie!! Your weekend was fabulous. Kipper really does enjoy his ice cream :-)And I think Hannah would make the sweetest little sister for him :-)

Mockingbird Hill said...

Seems that simple weeknds are the best! Not so much simple as in "no activity", but simple as in just enjoying what's around you. :)

Would love to have heard that band, being the 60's & 70's girl that I am...how neat to keep in touch with old buddies.

Life looks good for you Sue!

Cassie

Anonymous said...

Love those cottages and the fur babies!

Sue, thank-you for stopping by The Katillac Shack!

love, kelee

Pamela said...

whew... that was one heck of a post.

You've got me in the habit now of looking at houses -- seeing potential - or wondering what's happening on the inside.

My girls played softball. i remember so many after work games - eating on the fly and screaming my way thru the french fries.

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Beautiful homes--I would move in a heartbeat!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. Lovely homes. I just love the older homes. They have so much personality. Looks like you all had a great weekend. Even the Kip! The architecture of the church was awesome. Gosh how I can't wait to visit that area. It looks absolutely gorgeous. Sure hope those pups find a good home. Can see why you fell in love with the one. What a cutie. Hugs, love and blessings to you Sue.

Melissa said...

Such beautiful pictures of such beautiful houses - and dogs, and girls. Glad you had such a good time!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

We were just in the Oregon District Thursday, and the weekend before that -- Brad played at the Oregon Express.
I don't think I've ever been there in the daytime, but will have to check that out, now that you've shared the pretty house photos!
:)
~Becca~