Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spring Break = Party Time, Excellent!

So it's Spring Break and all your travel plans went bust...what to do, what to do...
Ah ha! You have lots of fun anyhoo! Grace went with her BFF and her family to Great Wolf Lodge near Cincinnati for 2 days. They had an absolute blast! Later in the week, Bill was able to get a much deserved day off (One WHOLE day! Whoo hoo! Um, did that sound sarcastic? Sorry!) so we headed to Cincinnati with Grace, Miss K and Miss K's Mom and brother! Our destination? The Newport Aquarium just over the bridge from Cincy.
We got a very early start and were
there when they opened the doors...
Let's head inside...
The girls meet up with Carrie...Carrie looks a little non plussed about it all.
I got such a giggle out of Carrie's little wagon...it's called the Penguin Mobile.
You are a cutie Carrie!
2 lovely ladies
Here we are in the Lorikeet zone. You get your little cup of nectar, hold it up
and voila! You are feeding the birds! Gosh are these little guys bee-yoo-tee-ful!
Grace LOVED this...I didn't think she would ever leave...well. That is until one of the those pesky birds had had quite enough of the nectar and felt the call of old Ma Nature. Uh huh. Let go right on the girls. That was it! They were more than happy to leave then!
This is Miss K's very pretty Mom!
Mr. Bill petting a shark. yes. That is what I said. Petting a *shark*.
Miss K petted a shark. Her brother petted a shark. Grace petted a shark. Did *I* pet a shark? Me? Are you kidding? Penguins I pet. Lorikeets I pet. Stingrays, maybe. Dolphins I hug.
Why I even petted a very dapper tree toad.
Sharks? Um, no.
By mid afternoon we were all famished. and headed into downtown Cincinnati for lunch.
My oh so generous brother and sis in law had given us certificates for a place we had yet to try.
Delicious food, a wonderful waiter, lots of laughs and good conversation.
Here is Grace with Miss K and her so, so cute brother posing in front of the mechanical bull. I think the kids were a teensy bit disappointed that only those over 18 could take a ride. I offered to represent our group and saddle up but, after looking me over, the bull up and went on strike. Sad.
The view of Cincinnati from Newport on the Levee, an area filled with shops, restaurants and
entertainment venues..it is also home to the Aquarium. The next day we had an all girls trip to The Greene, a shopping and foodie paradise not too far from Rabbit Run.
Miss K, her Mom, my Mom and I had a wonderful afternoon!
Here are the girls chatting up one Mr. Easter Bunny.
Lunch was at Brio...I had their shrimp risotto ...oooh. To die for!
And then we headed for the shop to end all shops, well, at least that is how two BFFs describe Justice! the aptly subtitled, The Store For Girls, is always a big hit for Grace and Miss K! Both had birthday monies burning proverbial holes in their pockets and they wanted to check out the newly arrived Summer merchandise. Whew! After all of that trying on and deciding and spending money, the girls
were ready for a treat! Off to Coldstone Creamery!
The ice cream was on Grandma (No, not literally you sillies!) and the smiles were
on the faces of the two happy, silly Spring breakers!
I do hope your week has been a good one.Ours started off cold, rainy and yes. Oh so snowy on Tuesday. But it has still been a good few days. Tuesday I had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory with two dear friends, Wednesday afternoon I had lunch at Christopher's with two more of my closest, most special friends and my Mom! Days spent with such people are always blessings!
Last evening, Bill and I had Mom and another special friend over for dinner. Spaghetti and meatballs and lots of laughs. No silly! They weren't laughing AT my spaghetti! Okay, maybe they WERE but we had fun anyway!
And yes. I KNOW I am lucky! These friends (and Mom too of course!) have all known me since I was a rug rat, seen me through every moment of my life, good and not so, and STILL like me! Hard to believe but oh so sweet. I count those blessings every day!
And when I count those blessings, each one of YOU is on that list too.
You are all so, so important to me.
Yesterday was sunny, warmer and very pretty. Today is to be the same...ahhh.
Well, I am off to pick up my nephew, run some errands and give a little tender, loving
care to my much neglected cottage!
Happy Thursday!
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

22 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like you all had a ball! What a blessing to have your family near and dear to you. Have a wonderful Easter!

Melanie said...

Sounds like spring break is in full swing at your place. Thanks for sharing the pics. Have a lovely day!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Looks like a very special day indeed!!!!! Any day with friends, family, animals and ice creams - all combined together - is a great day indeed!!!

much love,
Becky
Happy Easter, too!!!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Looks like a really great day! Did I ever ask you what kind of camera you use? All of your pictures are so crystal clear!

And speaking of cameras...you need to hand the camera to Bill or Grace every so often so we can see a picture of you too!!
xo
Penny

Terri Steffes said...

Spring breaks are so much fun! I wish my district still had one. I think you all had TOOOO good of a time! Regular life is going to be boring. Can you have nothing but fun when you have a spaghetti dinner?

Sheila said...

you had a busy fun filled week.
I love that every day seemed to include lunch or dinner with friends...good friends, good food, you can't beat it.
Hope the Easter bunny is good to you..Have a good one..!
hugs
xx

Salmagundi said...

You know I love when you post about these trips, and that you include your Mom. Tell her she looks beautiful in that purple jacket. I miss my Mother everyday - I just know she would have enjoyed getting to know her great grandchildren, as she had so much fun with my kids. Continue to have a great week. Sally

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Susie. Oh your girls are beautiful. Looks like you had a great time with them, too. I would not have put my hand in the water with that monster either (the shark I mean). hee hee.

Love, Dana and Daisy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Sue!
I visited two times before but got interrupted before I could leave a message. Your spring break looks like fun! You and Grace managed to pack in a lot in the day with her BFF :-)The Newport Aquarium looks very interactive.

The Easter Bunny photos are adorable!

It's so nice that you get to spend a lot of time with your Mom. I'm the only child that still lives near my Mom, as my brothers and sister live out of state, so I get to do a lot with her, too.

I hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter!

Strawberry Lane said...

What a great trip ... loved all the photos!

Naturally you would find a wandering super sized bunny along the way!

Have a great Easter!

Rosemary said...

Looks and sounds fun Susie!!
We are suppose to get rain tomorrow here in Sunny California.
Happy Easter to you and your family!
Rosemary

Gretchen said...

We just had a GWL open in our neck of the woods, and my dtr wants her BFF to go with her for a sleepover for her 11th b'day. Sounds like it's probably an excellent idea. :)

Deanna said...

Look like a great time was had by all and I have to applaud the girl's bravery for posing with that scary Easter Bunny...LOL!

Deanna :D

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wow!!! i can tell you guys had so much fun!!! Have a great Easter...m.

Bonnie said...

Once again you have managed to have a wonderful time. I would so love to tag along just one day with you. Of course I don't know if I could keep up. It's so wonderful to have such good friends to do things with.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the smiles on all the faces! And umm..I don't pet sharks either! lol!

Joy loves Justice too...that's her favorite store!

Glad you all had a great Spring Break! I wish you all a blessed Easter too!

Tammy

Wendster said...

Hello to the ever so delightful Miss Q! And Happy Easter I might add!

I just wanted to stop in before we leave town for the next few days ... we are visiting Lee's family.

I really MUST encourage you to PET the shark! They feel AMAZING. And I'm sure it's GOOD for our hearts when they RACE like that. ha. Bet it's good for our metabolism too. hee hee.

Snow? Really? We've been getting some rain and feeling cold but can't be nearly as cold as you my friend out there in the snow.

Sending sunshine your way and Easter wishes!

Love love love!
Wendy

Becca Watson said...

Sounds like a lovely week! Hope you have a great weekend and a Happy Easter!!

nikkicrumpet said...

I want to pet a penguin!!! *sigh* I can't believe you didn't take me with you. And those little birdies are quite the squirters when they have to go potty...I guess that happens when all you eat is nectar. It looks like you had a marvelous time. You always seem to be so busy...It makes my sluggy life feel kinda boring. But even boring old me would have petted the shark!

Sue said...

I always love seeing Miss Grace with her best girlfriend they are so so cute....and your Mom...how wonderful you spend time together...and she even treats to ice cream....Go Mom!!
Make sure you stop by my blog Tuesday night....It's my year anniversary and you made it into two spots on the post...Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter....Hugs and love...Sue.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Sounds like you all had an awesome time!!! That is wonderful. So happy for you. You have such a beautiful family, but then I don't have to tell you that. ;)
Sure wish you would post a picture of yourself having all that fun! Oh, and why not pet the shark, they were small, cute, what were they going to do. (wink, wink)
Hope your days continue to go so well. Love ya! Hugs and Blessings.

Janet said...

Sounds like such a great day and so much eating...my kind of fun!

Janet