Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Put Me In Coach...

...I'm ready to play, today...look at me, I can be...Center field. With apologies to one Mr.John Fogerty...*smile*
2 hours after completing her first 5K, our Miss Grace had her first softball practice! (the first was rained out, as was the one yesterday!) She enjoyed it so much but gosh! Was our girl ever tired by the end of the day! She was so excited about signing up to play in the local league this year. To quote my girl, "Mommy? I just want to experience everything, try everything and see what I like!" I think she *likes* softball! Her coaches are both wonderful, special people. Calm, patient and dedicated to teaching the game, fairness, good sportsmanship and to letting the have fun.
Grace and her Daddy work on her pitching technique...
It's in her glove! She caught it! It actually shocked her when she
did and what a grin...happy kid!
Incoming....
*Thwack* She connected! There it goes....

15 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Loving the new blog look! What fun!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

OH! I love softball! I played on an adult team for years. It was slow pitch softball and I was the pitcher. Grace looks like she has the knack for it!
xo
Penny

Salmagundi said...

Loved the picture of Grace catching the ball - her stance indicates her surprise. How great you caught the picture at that moment. Have a great Easter week. Sally

SmilingSally said...

I was never able to hit a ball--never--not once.

Carole Burant said...

She looks to be a natural at softball:-) I so wish I lived nearer so that I could go watch her games, I love stuff like that where kids are involved!! The best of luck to her...by the way, LOVE her pink outfit:-) xoxo

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Your Grace is a wonderful young lady! But then I don't have to tell you that. ;) It's great that she wants to try everything. Thanks for sharing. Glad you all had fun!

Donna said...

I think it's wonderful that Grace wants to try everything to see if she likes it. She's a sweet girl.

Hugs,
Donna

Rue said...

Hi Sue :)

I emailed you woman! ;)

Grace looks very professional and I wish her luck this season.

Oh and no... wouldn't mind going again at all LOL

love,
rue

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yay Grace! I wish I could have played softball as a young girl ..I was crazy about baseball! Hope she has a great season!

nikkicrumpet said...

The blog lookt very pretty. And softball is such a great sport....I love her attitude about wanting to try everything. She is a smart kid and it looks like she's a natural!

Sue said...

Miss Grace all dressed in pink...what a doll...glad she's having so much fun...Have a Wonderful Easter Sunday...Love, Sue.

Heather said...

Just stopping by from Rue's. I saw your comment about Waynesville and Lebanon and figured you had to be close. We are in Middletown.

I loved playing softball all 4 years in high school. I have such great memories from it.

FHL said...

Wonderful pictures!!! We're trying B-ball for the first time as well around here... I think it's fun :o) D's already moaning that the games are going to last for miniature eternities ;o)

Hope she has a great season!!!! :o)

Deanna said...

Hi Sue! Your blog looks stunning! I love the picture on your banner.

I'm glad that your daughter has some wonderful coaches. One's with integrity and good sportsmanship are hard to come by these days. I'm glad she's having a great time.

Deanna :D

Mary said...

Oh, it warms my heart to see a girl who loves sports. My daughter ran a 5K last week, too. Love your pix, Sue, and the new blog decor, too. Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter!
xoxo,
Mary