Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Rue, Sue...Sue, Rue...Sue, Sue...Sue, Sue...

See ladies? From the chin up only!
..and why? These two girls are just plain purty.
Really purty. Seriously. I'm just sayin'...
...Rue, Sue...Sue, Sue...Rue, Sue...Sue, Rue...and that is how they all met. Okay, So we all actually met online in this crazy, wonderful world of blog. But yesterday we got to meet, yes meet. In person, in full living color. I know many of you know Rue...and if you don't, why the heck not? Hmm...but Sue is newer to blogging so DO go over and introduce yourself. Just click on a name here in the first paragraph and you will hop on over to see these two remarkable ladies.
I knew they would be fun, gosh. I KNEW it. Was I mistaken? Not on your life baby.
We hugged, we laughed, we talked, OH how we talked...we ate, we smiled, we just plain had a good time. And I will tell you somethin' that neither one of them will tell you...lean in...ssh...come closer...closer still...they are both G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. Uh huh. *I* felt like fatty mcfat fat schlumpo next to them but yet they allowed me to hang with 'em anyhoo. See how nice they are? Told ya!
I picked up Sue (Who we discovered lives about a whole 4 miles from moi) and we headed North to Urbana, Ohio. We had spoken to one another by telephone so meeting her was just like meeting someone I had known for awhile. We laughed all the way...especially when my retired Naval navigator husband's directions proved to be WRONG! ACK. Thank goodness for cell phones and Sue's GPS. So we get there and there was Rue...and then it was Sue, Sue and Rue. Or was it Rue, Sue and Sue? Or, Sue, Rue and Sue?
We began our adventure at Rothschild's Farm and Market. Oh the goodies, oh the free samples..oh the tasting... Click on the Farm name and you will be whisked to their online site. Mail order ladies! How about this wine? Cincinnati Reds players past and present...Homer Bailey, Barry Larkin and Ken Griffey Jr. immortalized as wines...Reds and Chardonnays...what's your pleasure? The tasting and sampling didn't fill us up so we headed over to Robert's On Miami for lunch. Click on the name and you can visit this sweet place for yourself! Greeting us at the entry...dear Luella the hostess with the mostess. I thought I looked a lot like old Lu here with a couple dozen more pounds of course. Lu agreed... How about this ceiling? I want one like it in my house! Love it! Wouldn't you guess that the group chubbo would choose THIS for lunch? Hey. I had had no breakfast and was famished. Really. I was...sheesh. And it was good. Uh huh. And the restaurant staff probably wondered about that table of ladies who kept taking pictures of the food...no worries people. I swear we aren't from the Department of Health. Really! Just crazy bloggers... The girls in front of the restaurant...chins up only! But I am tellin' ya'll. These ladies are P.U.R.T.Y. Oh yeah...silly, purty and fun. A peek at a couple of shops on the town square...
Sweet Annie's
Another cute restaurant...
A cute arrangement inside the Country Gentleman...
The pretty town square...and the blasted traffic circle...
It was a fun day, a sweet day, a great day. And we got there and back even WITH Bill's bad directions. (Did I mention enough times that he was a NAVIGATOR?) Thank you to two special ladies. Let's do it again real soon okay?
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

42 comments:

Rue said...

Finally! You really need to stop sleeping in until noon Susie LOLOL I told you from the EYEBROWS up! ;)

I really had the BEST time and we really have to do it again soon. The girls need to get together too (don't want to leave out miss Grace and Annie, ya know), so let me know when you want to do that.

Oh and folks... Miss Susie Que is is lying about my looks, you've seen me, you know that... on the other hand the two Sues' are BEAUTIFUL inside AND out :)

love you Sue!
rue

Mumzie said...

What a great time for all....and those lunches are to dye for. Love the shops. Mumzie

Daisy Cottage said...

Oh I LOVE this!!!
I am SO happy that you girls got together and had fun... totally can relate to the picture thing... you are all gorgeous inside and out and I wish I could have joined you for what looks like a wonderful time!!!
Thank you for sharing Susie!!!

xo
Kim

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How fun!
It's such a treat to meet online buddies!
Looks like a cute town too!

SmilingSally said...

That must have been sooo much fun! I wish I could've been there.

Sue said...

Hey, baby- I can't believe I beat you to post! hahaha It was a day of pure fun, and it is as if we were just old gal pals getting together after a dry spell of not seeing each other! Sometimes things just work out for a reason. So, as I attempt to work on the yard and my mole problem and you and Rue do your thing with the photography and decorating projects, start making a list of things we want to do and see in the near future. Love ya, Sue

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Hey you gals really look like fun!
I bet there was plenty of laughter...
It is the best getting together...

Salmagundi said...

You forgot old Lu in your introductions. Sue, Sue, Rue, Lu!!!
Sounds like a poem to me. You guys must have had the greatest time! I couldn't believe that Sue #2 got a picture of you to post - you, who is always hiding behind the camera! Now we know that those gorgeous eyes are attached to a beautiful face. Have a great weekend. Sally

Life on the Edge said...

I came here from Rue's blog. How I envy you for getting to meet her! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Kady

Allidink said...

LOL funny post! All those shops looked SO cute! This was fun to read! Thanks.

All the best,
Allison

bj said...

Oh, what fun this must have been! I am so green with envy I can't stand it !! I would love to meet all of you...but...West Texas is a purdy fer piece from where you live...So glad you had a good time..

imjacobsmom said...

Wished I lived a bit closer - it looks like you guys had a great day! ~ Robyn

Carolyn said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time. It is os neat that you all met thru blogging!

Carolyn

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Susie Q,
It's so nice to meet you!

I've known Rue since I first started blogging a few months ago and I thought I would drop by.

It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
The shops and restauarant all looked so charming.
~Gorgeous photos of everyone as well.

Have a blessed weekend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Rich said...

you should have called Rue's Army Transportation husband for directions ;)

Rue said...

Somebody thinks they're funny.... lolol

Susie Q said...

*laughing out loud*
Oh Rich! Now I am sitting here giggling...we SHOULD have called you! I will say, in Bill's defense, that the address listed for the place online IS what he had. We just goofed up because the highway merges together and directions did not point that out!
Still, Bill is usually ost on the ground...no instruments to show him the way!
You two have got to meet and have a laugh about it all...

Meggie said...

Looks like a fun girls time together. Wish I lived closer...

the pleasures of homemaking said...

LOL! Rue, Sue, Sue LOL!What a fun time y'all had!

Manuela

Kathleen Grace said...

Hi Susie, Just catching up from my long absense. What fun to be able to meet some blog friends in the flesh:>) It looks like you had a really great day!

Janet said...

Can't wait until I get to meet you in the fall, maybe the others can come too...now *that* would be even more fun!

Janet

Bonnie said...

Isn't it great fun to meet "new" people. I've been lucky enough to meet one of my blogging buddies so far and we had a blast. But I think you guys had us beat. You all had such a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Sue,
Thank you very much for visiting and your kind words.
I really appreciate it!

My husband is from Dayton, Ohio. An OSU grad as well!
It's a small world in Blogland more often than not it seems.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Come by and visit anytime.
You're always welcomed.
~Melissa :)

Lisa & Alfie said...

So Sue,
You are one of the Sue's Rue hinted about. I'm thinking you are probably too modest for your own good! If it is any consolation, I would probably have chosen the same thing off the menu!
Thanks for dropping by and keep in touch!
Lisa & Alfie

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had such a grand time! Thanks for sharing. It looks like you picked a wonderful place to go too. Happy Sunday ♥

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I heard about this little meet up! Looks like a fun time was had by all!!

Justabeachkat said...

Can I just say it right up front? I'm jealous. I sure would like to spend a fun day with you too.

Great photos and it sure sounds like you all had a ball.

Hugs!
Kat

Andi said...

Okay...I already know you're beautiful Susie Q Sue and I adore you and can't wait to meet you in person!

This sounds like a positively wonderful day and getting to meet special blog friends would be so perfect. Hopefully it will work out for us to meet in October in NYC with Jen.

Mockingbird Hill said...

What fun! I am still all in favor of a blogland meet up for a bunch of super ladies!! So glad you were able to make this happen and even "gladder" that you all had such aand time.. :)

Cassie

Picket said...

Oh I am so jealous...what a fantastic thing to meet friends from blogland!!!! I bet it was just the best day! Thanks for coming by girl...I was just so happy to find the comforter...now if I could find the right nightstands! lol Have a great evening!

Sheila said...

It sounds like you three had the best time. I'm so happy for you.
Those little shops looked soooo interesting too.
It's great you all got to meet up..
hugs
xx

Rosemary said...

Hi Susie,
How great!!!
What fun to meet new friends in person. It looks like great friends, food and shopping.
Chat soon,
Rosemary

Unknown said...

That sounds like an absolute BLAST! New friends, big fun, shopping....what's not to love? I only wished I lived closer so I could join your fun babes!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I hopped on over here from rue's place. Looks like you ladies had a wonderful time.
~Michelle

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello~I've just strolled into your blog for my first visit from Rue's.
You girls are very entertaining!
I love the head shots, but you shouldn't be so camera shy. A picture just makes it easier to place a Sue with a Rue and a Sue, LOL!
I've enjoyed taking a peek at your past posts.
I look forward to coming by your charming blog again.
Come by for a visit. The company would be nice.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Deb said...

What a fun day out! How great that you all live near each other & got a chance to get together :-)

Rue said...

36 comments..... I think you're doing just fine LOL

I think May would be great!

love,
rue

Carole Burant said...

Good morning, dear Sue:-)

How absolutely wonderful that you were able to get together with a couple of blogging friends! I'm pouting, though, because I wish it was ME!!! lol One day we must meet in Niagara Falls:-) I so enjoyed looking at all the pictures and seeing all the fun places you visited. How I'd love to go into some of those little shops!! Hope you're having a fabulous week, my friend. xoxo

Pamela said...

I'm envious.
If I was there it could have been: Sue, Sue, Rue, and ME Tue

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a fun day Sue! It's so nice you girls live close and can now get together on a regular basis if you want to. That is a lovely town with such pretty stores ...I would have wanted to browse all afternoon.

Was that Shepard's pie that you had for lunch? You're my kind of gal!

Hope you all have anohter day of fun soon!

Hugs, Pat

~Beth~ said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words! I really appreciate it! I have been a very bad blogger of late and not been posting, but I think I need to get back....I will try.

The day spent in Urbana looked like so much fun! I lived in Urbana for awhile, but moved back to my hometown, which is 10 miles down the road. Urbana is a wonderful place and I shop at the Country Gentleman quite often! It's one of my favs! Rothschild's is to die for! LOL! We love their raspberry mustard! Yum!

Don't you just love Rue! I really enjoy her blog and I think I will enjoy yours just as much! Once again thanks for the lovely comments! Hugs!! ~Beth~

Fifi Flowers said...

What a nice tour... LOVE the houses and the flowers!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi