2-½ lbs cream cheese 1 cup sugar 6 tbsp ap flour 2 tsp lemon zest 1 tsp vanilla extract ½ cup lemon juice 1 cup blueberries 4 each eggs 3 each egg yolks
- Cream the cheese and sugar on low speed of stand mixer (speed 2 on kitchen-aid) until very pliable. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add flour in two parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Add egg and yolks one at a time mixing well after each one. When 4 eggs have been added, stop the mixer and scrape down the side and bottom with spatula. Turn back on to low speed incorporating the rest of the eggs. Blend until last egg has just been incorporated and stop. Add the vanilla, zest, lemon juice and ½ of the blueberries and blend for just 2 minutes. Pour into prepared crust. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the pie.
- Bake in oven with water bath at 425 F for 20 minutes. Then turn temp down to 350 F and continue to bake for 50-60 minutes longer until set. (Little to no jiggle in center of pie)
2 cups graham crumbs 4 oz butter melted pinch salt 1 oz ladle of sugar 10-inch spring-form pan
- Mix together, press into spring-form pan and bake at 400 F for about 15 min until just starting to get color. Remove and cool before adding pie mixture.
This recipe comes from The Inn at Cedar Falls in Logan, Ohio. A lovely spot surrounded by the natural beauty of the Hocking Hills. Bill and I adore Bed and Breakfast Inns and this one is a delight. Their restaurant is renowned for their top notch cuisine set in an authentic antique log cabin. It is a wonderful experience!
Thank you Cielo for hosting such a sweet event!
Love and Hugs,