Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh Coleen. We Could Have Told You...

Doubtful, but do any of you remember my silly rant from early January? Here it is if you missed it... My sweet bloggy friends were so supportive but yes. I was chastised by some anonymous folks who felt I had a cold, downright icy heart...okay. Perhaps I was harsh about one Ms. Britney Spears, IF she does, in fact, have a mental disorder. And yes, I do have pity for her but more so for her poor children who have been caught in the maelstrom. 'Nuff said again. But I also wrote about one Coleen Sullivan, former news anchor on a local Dayton television station. Beautiful and oft described as brainy, she left her job and the US for one Earl Spencer. Oh, and the Earl was still married to wife number two. Oh, and she had just given birth to his 5th or 6th child (I have lost count). Wife number two came along after he dumped wife number one for some other lovelies who he also dumped along the way. Does anyone else here see a pattern? And Coleen was described as "brainy"? Whoa. Coleen flew to England and interviewed the Earl of Rat about the Diana exhibit due to come to the Dayton Art Institute. Yes, THAT Earl of Rat. Her brother. Coleen was seen entertaining said Earl of Rat whilst he was in Dayton during the exhibit's opening days. And closing days. Then Coleen flew the proverbial Dayton coop. For England or South Africa...wherever the Earl hung his hat. Now, could we all have NOT seen THIS coming? Heck, I doubt anyone has ever described me as "brainy" but I saw this coming from 3,000 light years away. Since a few of you have asked about this loving couple's status...
From the Dayton press: Newspaper Website reports Earl dumps Coleen Sullivan Staff Report Monday, June 23, 2008 It seems that former WDTN-TV reporter Coleen Sullivan has been dumped. At least that's the word coming out of London on Monday night, June 23, from Daily Mail columnist Richard Kay. "Just 18 months after abandoning his vivacious second wife Caroline for an American TV presenter, 44-year-old Earl Spencer is single again. "I can reveal he has dumped Coleen Sullivan, who moved in with Princess Diana's brother soon after being sent to Britain to interview him. The break-up has stunned friends who thought that the libidinous Earl had at last found the third Countess Spencer," Kay wrote. "Their relationship has certainly followed a predictable pattern. He fell so passionately for the dark-haired Coleen that he left Caroline just months after she had given birth to their daughter Lara — their second child and his sixth. But the couple are no longer living together at his magnificent stately home, Althorp in Northamptonshire, where Diana is buried," Kay wrote. "Coleen was not seen at last week's literary festival at Althorp, which Spencer takes a great pride in. A friend tells me: "She has gone home to America. What else do you expect a girl to do?" Policeman's daughter Coleen, 34, first met the Earl when she visited Althorp in February 2006 to make a documentary about the Princess of Wales for her TV station, WDTN Channel 2, where she had earned a reputation as being something of a pin-up. Within a matter of weeks, Coleen had dumped her American boyfriend of 11 years and, the following October, Charles told Caroline he wanted a divorce." From the British press:
Earl's girl is given the heave-ho! 24th June 2008 Some will see it as the act of a man never destined to find happiness; others will view it as yet more evidence of Earl Spencer's ruthless and selfish streak. Just 18 months after abandoning his vivacious second wife Caroline for an American TV presenter, 44-year-old Spencer is single again. Split: Earl Spencer and Coleen Sullivan have broken up I can reveal he has dumped Coleen Sullivan, who moved in with Princess Diana's brother soon after being sent to Britain to interview him. The break-up has stunned friends who thought that the libidinous Earl had at last found the third Countess Spencer. After the huge sadness he caused by leaving Caroline - "Pidge" to her friends - it was widely expected he and Coleen would marry. "The only difference between this and his previous break-ups is that at least he won't have to pay out a divorce settlement," says a friend of Old Etonian Spencer. Their relationship has certainly followed a predictable pattern. He fell so passionately for the dark-haired Coleen that he left Caroline just months after she had given birth to their daughter Lara - their second child and his sixth. But the couple are no longer living together at his magnificent stately home, Althorp in Northamptonshire, where Diana is buried. Coleen was not seen at last week's literary festival at Althorp, which Spencer takes a great pride in. A friend tells me: "She has gone home to America. What else do you expect a girl to do?" Policeman's daughter Coleen, 34, first met the Earl when she visited Althorp in February 2006 to make a documentary about the Princess of Wales for her TV station, Ohio's WDTN Channel 2, where she had earned a reputation as being something of a pin-up. Within a matter of weeks, Coleen had dumped her American boyfriend of 11 years and, the following October, Charles told Caroline he wanted a divorce. Spencer's sometimes cruel treatment of the women in his life is epitomised by the anecdote repeated from his bitter Cape Town divorce from his first wife, model Victoria Lockwood, the mother of his four elder children. Her lawyer told of how Spencer was reminded by his late father at a birthday party that he should stick with his wife through thick and thin, and he unkindly replied that Victoria "was thin and certainly thick". So what is the reason for this latest split? I am told by a friend that Coleen, who was so popular with male viewers that her TV station was bombarded with e-mails when she quit to move to Britain, "suddenly became unattractive to him" for no apparent reason. "She is very beautiful, but he suddenly went off her," I am told. Adds a previous girlfriend of the aristocrat: "He is no oil painting himself." Shocking isn't it? Nah...

21 comments:

Gretchen said...

And yet...we look up to many of these folks.

Sad, isn't it.

But I'll admit, I love looking at a People or Us magazine. Why is that, do you think?

I share your cynicism, but I wish I didn't have to.

Have an awesome week, Dear One.

xxxooogretchen

Sugar Bear said...

Is it any wonder Diana reportedly didn't have the best relationship with her brother? What a cad.
Karla

Connie said...

My lovely rabbit! Thank you for that very kind compliment about being "special"!! It just perked up my day, my lovely!! I hope I can bring some sparkle and happiness into some chickee's life every day but I never knoooooowww!!!

About this post: DUH!?!?! Go figure, my lovely sweetpea. Being married to my only love for 47 years quite answers how I feel about marriage.

As you euphemistically say: "He ain't no prize; he's Diana's brother"! Otherwise, he wouldn't have gotten a 2nd look from ANY woman!!!

Smoochies,
Connie

Cheryl Wray said...

What a SOAP OPERA!!! Sounds to me like she jumped when she thought she'd met her "prince," but now she sees what she really got herself involved with. They both sound like two pieces of work...

Carolyn said...

I didn't know this about Coleen!!! I wondered where she went!

Simply Heart And Home said...

I simply can't keep up with all the comings and goings of everyone. I have such lovely memories of Diana. Now I did keep up with news on her!

Have a lovely afternoon

Gina

Lisa Pogue said...

Some people will do anything for a little notoriety and $$$$. Is it called insecurity or can you spell SHALLOW?

Rue said...

Hi Sue :)

This is what happens when you fall in love with power and not a person. Sad in so many ways.

Oh and about meeting up when the house saga is over... YES! Of course :) I just want to sell this house and move in. As soon as we are settled, unless that's too long to wait, I would love to get together. SO much fun :)

Hugs dear friend,
rue

Rosemary said...

Not surprised Susie!!
It seems like that always happens.
Such Drama!!
Thanks for sharing,
Rosemary

smilnsigh said...

Ohhhh giggggles... This is tooo, toooo rich, is it not? >,-)))

Mmmmm, do we see a pattern here?

My, but we do!

Well, other than he's learned _not_ to marry the silly twits. {Anyone remember the old and raunchy saying..."Why buy the cow, when you can milk it, through the fence?"

'Nuff said... >,-)

Except that... there will be another. And another. And.... lol.

Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh' blog

Janet said...

What is wrong with people??? Talk about not having the brains God gave little green apples ( a saying from my grandmother)!!

Janet

Wendster said...

Is Britney REALLY pregnant again?

Starting my own rumors. LOL!

Looking for your address linky so I can send you my mailing address. So happy that I won the prize!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!~

Wendster

Cherdecor said...

Earl of Rat! Hahahahahahaha!

Sandi McBride said...

He's such a piece of work he needs to have WOMANIZER tattoed on his forehead...along with another rat I know goes by the name of Bill...
leopards don't change their spot!
Great posts...great vision!
hugs
Sandi

Terri Steffes said...

Yep, you predicted that one well. So where are those anonymous writers now??

Hey, do you ever hear from Manuela anymore? I can't find her blog.

And back to the Colleen thing, it must be apparent to the world that she lacks self esteem. Wouldn't that just kill you to have everyone know such a thing?

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Here's a big, fat "DUHHHHHHHH" for Colleen. I mean really. Dumbarse.

Kari

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Oh, my goodness! I love British gossip, and I only live a stone's throw from Dayton, so I am stunned that this is the first I'm hearing about all of this. What a pitiful story. When will women learn???

This was an awfully entertaining post, though, I have to say. I was glued! -Julia :-)

Alice said...

I guess the allure of being Countess Spencer would get to a lot of smart women. Even...uhhhh...Alice, the Countess Spencer has a very nice ring to it. Do people curtsey to a Countess, I wonder. And most importantly is a tiara involved?

FHL said...

Not surprising....Pathetic....but not surprising....

Meggie said...

It's OK, SusieQ, you can say it, "I told you so!"

Anonymous said...

You all know the British tabloids ALWAYS tell the truth ;)
They could still be together.
If not, she probably dumped him.