Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A Very Random Wednesday...

Bill has to be away for 3 days...training for his new position. Oh how sad our Kipper was when he saw Bill leave with suitcase in hand. I wish I could explain to him that "Daddy" will be home soon, it is not like before. Poor Kip...and I was just getting used to him being here every day...*sigh* He will be home soon. He will be home soon. He will be home soon. Grace is home from school today. Coughing and coughing...too much activity and excitement the past several days I guess! Well, that and the constantly fluctuating weather. Warm, cold. Snow, sunshine. Rain, wind...hmm...must be signs of Spring's approach! This is a sign she made and placed on her bedroom door. I somehow doubt that anyone who peers inside her pink sanctuary filled with dolls and frills will mistake HER room for her older brother's but just in case... Well, I am off to do a bit of laundry (my least favorite chore...well, next to cleaning the bathroom that is!) while the baby is happily playing in her little seat. How I wish I could look as happy washing our things as this little miss. I am guessing it is all in the mind set...
If I make up my mind to BE happy, I will be. Right? There are blessings to be found in such every day chores. I wash the mounds of clothes because we are lucky enough to have nice things to wear. I CAN launder them because we are lucky enough to have electricity in our home, a nice washer and dryer and fresh, clean running water. These are things we often take for granted in our lives...things which are not accessible to so many across the world.
Have a wonderful day dear friends.
Thank you for each and every comment you leave me. I wish I had the time to respond to you all every day. Thank you to everyone who visits me here and who reads my rambling self indulgences every day. You mean so much to me.
Just in case I have not said it enough....THANK YOU!!
Hugs,
Suzie Q

11 comments:

TJ said...

thank you for being a wonderful blogger...I enjoy your blog very much!!
:-D

Anonymous said...

That sign is too funny!

Dawn Bibbs said...

LOVE the door sign...too funny. I bet if my Jayla could write, she'd do the same thing to keep her brother (and our dog) out of her "purple princess palace". LOL

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

That Grace is a real character, I just knew her room would be pink and oh so girly!!

I do hope you will come enter my giveaway - come on over, it's easy!

XOXO

Susie said...

Sorry little Grace is feeling under the weather. You can see her bright sunny spirit in the lettering of the sign!!
:)

Mary L. Briggs said...

Glad Bill will be home soon and hope Grace is better. I love your "Thankful" thoughts. That is truly the best way to look at it. You are so sweet and I love to read your posts!

Naturegirl said...

Little Grace is quite the creative artist! come on back to Florida for some refreshment in the pool! hugs NG

Sue Seibert said...

The Lenten devotional "The Journey into God" focusing on the senses right now. Find you inner peace and used those senses and be thankful!

Missy Glave said...

Grace is quite the designer ... love her sign!

smilnsigh said...

Sorry about Grace being home with coughing. But there is soooo much of that stuff going around, now. Here anyway. And I imagine just being in school is the same, everywhere. Kids just mix-and-match germs and bring them home to their individual families. And on and on and on it goes.

Granddaughter next door has full blown Flu. After she and her bro brought home this and that and this and that. And passed them on, of course. We here, are still dodging the bullet. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Sheila said...

Hope Grace feels better soon! That sign looks like something Lisa would do to keep Tony out!