Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Blissful Business

Uh huh, I HAVE been AWOL since Thursday haven't I? I have been able to check into many of your blogs but did not leave many comments. Just know I was there and will try to get back on schedule this week! It was a whirlwind week of housework, babysitting, party planning, shopping and dental appointments. Grace is now wearing an orthodontic retainer and is, for the most part, not complaining or whining about it. Whew! She seems excited to begin the whole process. Her orthodontist is the son of the man who put on Danny's braces, who is the son of the man who put on mine. Is that a family tradition or what? Silly I know but fun. On Thursday, one of my dearest friends, B., and her husband drove up from their home in TN. Her 50th birthday was Friday and our mutual buddy, T., and I planned a celebration. T took a personal day on Friday and I did not have the baby to watch. We joined B. and her sister, F., for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and dined on huge, delicious salads. After lunch we shopped and shopped and shopped. None of us spent a lot of money but did get some really cute things. I got some great shoes at Coldwater Creek that were 75% off. Can't beat that now can you? Late afternoon, T and I headed back to my house to prepare for the party. Thankfully we had Bill to do some of the food pick up for us! B. and her husband are from here and moved to TN just 4 years ago. They return often and we visit them at their home in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. B. had voiced, years ago, that if she had only one day left on earth she would want to dine on certain local foods. So, in honor of her 50th, we decided to go with that theme. We ordered Bar B Que brisket and pulled pork, potato salad and baked beans from City Bar B Que, Super Cheese pizzas from Marion's Pizzeria and chicken wings from North China. We had a cheese and fruit platter with dip, veggies and dips, a beautiful AND delicious cake and topped that off with an assortment of Graeter's ice cream flavors. We had quite a few people here and no one went home hungry! The first picture you see is a special cookie basket T. and I had made for B. as a treat. B. is a talented florist so we went with a flower theme...it really was cute. We all had a great time together and I know that B. had a party that she loved and so deserved.
I will hop back online later to post about the rest of the weekend but, till then, I hope your week will be a good one. Spring is here and the air just smells a bit fresher, sweeter.
Be kind to yourself....oh. And here is a heads up. My next post is Number 300!!!
Hugs,
Susie Q

15 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

WHEW!!! Lucky for you, that you updated your blog today. I was JUST about to get on you about that..lol. Glad all is well.

What a sweet and fun thing you and your friends are doing. It all sounds like so much fun...I mean, like diet ruining fun! :-) lol

Thanks for sharing.

PAT said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to hear more!

Andi said...

Wow! That cake is beautiful and your china and everything looks so pretty and party ready! What a wonderful birthday surprise for your friend. I was trying to see if I could remember back to my 50th and what I did that day...senior moments are making it difficult to remember back that far!!!

I kept checking in to see if you had a new post...several times a day actually. You've been missed but I know what it's like to be busy.

Glad Miss Grace is adjusting well to her retainer.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely cake, and I felt I had visited with you. Love the bunny pics from previous post as well x

Betty Jo said...

What a precious party for a special friend. I'm sure she was overjoyed with everything. The basket is gorgeous and so was the table and cake. We have a Cheese Factory in our area but have never been there. xoxo

Naturegirl said...

I LoVe the Cheese Cake Factory! I can only feast when in Scotsdale visiting my son! We don't have that chain in Canada..:(
Your flower theme cookie basket is adorable! Yummy...how creative!
hugs NG

Missy Glave said...

Wow ... what a wonderful 50th Birthday celebration you had for your friend!! Everything looks so fun and festive!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like a great party you planned for your friend. I'm sure she loved it!

Sheila said...

You've been a bus gal! But what fun. Sounds like a great time, and a nice party! I also love the Cheesecake Factory. We have one nearby and I was there once - I want to go again!

Cheryl Wray said...

The cookie bouquet and cake look absolutely DIVINE!!! Sounds like a wonderful time!!!

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a fun time you must have had with your friends! The menu sounds divine. Glad you had such a great time.

jafabrit said...

That is an absolutely GORGEOUS cake. Sounds like a fabu day.

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a pretty cake..yum, sounds like a great time.
I'll be back to see that 300th post. Wow!

TJ said...

I'm so far behind, I don't know if I'll ever catch up but so glad to see you posted despite your busy times!
:-D
PS...I have a new blog address...just click the above link

Sheila said...

Your party menu sounds delish..!
I can't wait until I'm 50 ..LOL
;)