Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Friday, May 01, 2009

Oh What A Week...

...late May back in '09, what a very special, special time, 'cause I remember what a week...to badly paraphrase Frankie Valli. It all started last Sunday after church. Mom, Bill , Grace and I went to Carillon Park, a showcase for the area's rich and varied history, in Dayton. We had lunch at Culp's Cafe a new establishment which is reminiscent of the Culp's that was a Dayton staple in the 1930's and 40's.
The food was so good...and I had a perfect Vanilla Phosphate to drink! Yum.
Just across from our table was this sweet sight...old Newcom Tavern, a true Dayton landmark. Built in 1796, it is the oldest area building still standing today.
Then it was off to Wegerzyn Gardens, part of Dayton's Metro Park system.
Wegerzyn is a 1,000 park filled with formal gardens, a children's discovery section, flowering trees and meadows.
Two pretty ladies enjoying the lovely day!
A Girl and her Dad in the shade...
The sweetest flower in all the garden...
Grace and her Dad talk strategy with Grace's BFF.
On Wednesday Grace had a practice softball game. The team uniforms had just arrived so our girls wore their regular clothes. The other team, from out of the city, had theirs on. Our girls were a little intimidated by that and the fact that this team had a roster filled with 5th graders (Our team is all 3rd and 4th graders) who have been playing awhile (our team is made up mostly of new players). Yes, they beat us handily but our girls held their own and got some valuable learning and playing experience.
My girl hits that ball...
Lands on first base...
Then steals second!
Running for home after a ball is dropped...
Grace was at catcher position in this game and her coach would love to keep here there. She was great at it! Unfortunately, SHE hates that position. *smile* But she agreed to serve as catcher for 2 innings each game so all are happy! We were also celebrating our son's "Gotcha Day". In the world of adoption, the "Gotcha Day" ranks right up there with the birthday in importance. 19 years ago our son Daniel came into our lives. We could not be more proud of him than we are...he is a wonderful son and a great big brother.
He chose Sima, a local Korean restaurant and we ate well! TOO well! *smile*
Now you can see why I am such a proud Mama...these are my treasures.
Some of our delicious Korean side dishes Last night was the year's last chorus and orchestra recital. Grace is in both so had to wear her chorus T shirt and hop back and forth between each! The kids all performed so well and it is always a joy to see the arts in action!
Grace and her BFF, Miss K. No, my girl was not wearing a huge butterfly on her shirt! I added it to cover up the name of the school...I know you will understand... : )

Tonight my mother and I are going to the Schuster Center in Dayton to listen
to the Philharmonic Orchestra's tribute to Beethoven. It should be magical....
Tomorrow is Grace's softball team's official picture day followed by their first REAL game! Should be exciting! they now have their uniforms, black and gold, a sponsor and a lot of energy!
And...*drum roll if you please* Monday is Ritter's Dog Night AND the day we celebrate our Kipper's 8th birthday! Whoo Hoo! Kip would like me to invite any of you who live in the area to meet us there...in fact, there is a certain blogger who we would be glad to take with us if she would like to go! *smile*
Yes, I WILL have pictures to share! But of course! Kip would have in to other way!
Have a sweet weekend dear friends...
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

27 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Now if anything qualifies for TWTWTW, yours does! Do you remember what that stands for? Remember David Frosts THAT WAS THE WEEK THAT WAS...wonderful post!
hugs
Sandi

Betty Jo said...

WOW! You have had a busy week! Love all the photos but especially the ones in the gardens. Beautiful! ♥

Sue said...

I'll be waiting with bells on to have my ice cream! Call me with the time! xoxo Sue

Salmagundi said...

This has been a busy week. Cherish every moment as the kids will grow up and be gone before you know it. Have a great weekend. Sally

imjacobsmom said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Daniel! The years do fly-by, don't they? Sounds like Grace sure had a full week! ~ Robyn

Allidink said...

Aw. Great photos! Your daughter is really sweet :) Happy "Gotcha" to you guys and your son hehe. And to Kippers birthday! LOL. You're going to share pictures of that too right!

All the best,
Allison

Cherdecor said...

Sue, I loved seeing the old historical landmarks again. You have beautiful children and you have a right to be proud of them. Your husband is not too shabby either. ;)

Gretchen said...

That close up garden photo of Grace is magical. Great softball and "Gotcha" pics, too.

They ARE your treasures. It's easy to see.

Hugs.

Kathleen Grace said...

What a fun week, you must be exhausted! Your son is so handsome and Grace is a beauty. Enjoy your time with her, they grow up way too fast:>)

Sue said...

Hi Sue...I missed you while I was gone!! I love your family outings..great pictures of the Fam and ofcours lovely Miss Grace...the softball pictures of her were wonderful...Don't have her be the catcher too often...bad on the knees...Can't wait to see Kipper's night out and his big birthday bash...You are having a birthday bash for him aren't you??

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hi Sue~
Hope you just relax a bit after so much fun! You should be a proud mom. Your kids are wonderful.
Donna

Pamela said...

you are a photo shootin' fool I tell ya.

I've never eaten much Korean food -- i should put that on my to do list.

I really thought she was wearing big butterfly and was all prepared to ask about it. funny...

Sheila said...

Sue, all of your pictures are just beautiful! You certainly had a busy week.
So Kipper is going to be 8 years old! What a wonderful way to celebrate his birthday! Can't wait to see the pictures; they're always a highlight for me! I certainly wish we lived closer to you - Lovey and Penny would love that.

SmilingSally said...

What a nice time. Thanks for sharing. Check out my book giveaways!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What wonderful happy times you've spent adventuring and sharing time with your beautiful family. I enjoyed every single photo and moment of your times. Thanks so much for sharing these awesome experiences!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a wonderful story! How you love your sweet children! Mine are long grown now. I've been an empty nester for a long time, having had my first daughter at 17! Now I'm resident mama to the dogs and cats and fish. Oh, how I remember those softball days!
Brenda
http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
http://viewfromthepines.com

FHL said...

You have some gorgeous treasures! That picture of Grace in the garden is stunning!

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend my friend!
M~ :o)

Bonnie said...

You are a busy little beaver...er Rabbit. I just love all the things you share. I wish we had wonderful places here to go to like that. I just love all those gardens and I love anything with historical significance....I love history. Happy Gotcha Day, Dan. Happy Birthday Kipper, wish we could go have some 'scream with you. WTG Grace and her team mates.

Harbor Hon said...

Hello Sweet Bunny Lady! I am back and raring to go if the wireless holds up. Feeling much better, thank you. I am caught up with your posts now and had missed you so much. Wonderful pictures! Beautiful family! And my Kipster buddy ... missed you lots little dude! Sorry I had to laugh about the cup on your nose. You were so cute though. :) xxoo

Susie said...

Hi Suzie Q,
Your life sounds full and happy. Your photos are delightful, and filled with such happy smiles and sights.
I'm sure that "your treasures" treasure you as a wonderful Mom to both of them.
xo

nikkicrumpet said...

Gorgeous gardens, Gotcha Days, Baseball, and Kippers B-day...that was some busy posting! Yay for all your fun times!

bj said...

What a fun and busy week. Your son and daughter are, indeed, treasures..aren't we the most blessed ladies on earth!!
hugs, bj

Cass @ That Old House said...

Your Grace is aptly named; she is just lovely, and clearly talented as well -- no wonder you are a proud Mama.

Busy week -- and GREAT photographs. Love the softball shots!

Cass

Lallee said...

What a beautiful outing!!! I enjoyed catching up on baseball season, and I also have an unperfect house. You should see my desk at the moment.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Grace and Daniel are great kids Sue --you should be proud! Happy belated "Gotcha Day" to Daniel! That dinner looked delicious!

Meggie said...

Two beautiful children! No wonder you are so proud. Happy Mother's Day, sweet Sue!

Anonymous said...

I am here Sue! Sorry for the delays....Grace looks great catching! My poor Emily can't even get contact with the ball, she's doing awful and her coach makes her feel like a bug being squashed on....my Momma Bear instincts have kicked in and I opened my mouth.

Love all the flower photos, Ohio seems to have lots of sight seeing, love it!!

Hope you're doing well and more importantly I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!