Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

There Are No Words...



Do not stand at my grave and weep,



I am not there, I do not sleep.


I am in a thousand winds that blow,


I am the softly falling snow.


I am the gentle showers of rain,


I am the fields of ripening grain.


I am in the morning hush,


I am in the graceful rush


Of beautiful birds in circling flight,


I am the starshine of the night.


I am in the flowers that bloom,


I am in a quiet room.


I am in the birds that sing,


I am in each lovely thing.


Do not stand at my grave and cry,


I am not there. I do not die.


~ Mary Elizabeth Frye.











11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie! Oh, this is so touching! My heart is bursting with pride for all who gave their lives for my freedom!
Be a sweetie and have a great weekend,
Shelia :)

Lydia said...

awesome Sue

I think some of us tend to forget the importance of fighting and protecting our great country it is a blessing that we are as free as we are and it is because are armed men and woman that protect us.

If I had it my way if you served your country and had to fight you should not have to pay taxes!!!Ever!!

Thanks for your post

Covnitkepr1 said...

As a vet, I can say..."there are no words."
Hi there. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Beautiful photo and poem, my friend!
Your comment over at my place really touched me. I should have written back sooner. Thank you!
Happy Memorial Day weekend to you!

bj said...

This is one of my most favorite poems.

I'm having a pretty nice giveaway..come by.
xo bj

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

So inspiring....There are no words. Thank you so much for this post. God's blessings. Lloyd

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Sue, thanks so much!

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful!

Happy Memorial Day Sue.

Hugs!
Kat

SmilingSally said...

I remember too, Susie.

Bonnie said...

This gave me chills. What an awesome post.

Jeanie said...

This photo is astounding and the words so very perfect. Arlington? It's wonderful.