Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just Like Peter Pan...



If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic bean buyer. If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax golden tales to spin, Come in! Come in!"

~Shel Silvertein

Uh huh...I am just a big kid at heart. I believe in fairies, Santa Claus, the magic of four leaf clovers, shooting stars and looking for pots of gold at the end of a rainbow.

I talk to puppets, believe that Sesame Street really exists, Mickey Mouse lives in a cottage smack dab in the middle of Disney World and that tea parties with teddy bears are oh so chic.


I believe that laying in the grass, watching clouds drift by, is a perfectly valid
 way to send an afternoon. I believe that dogs and cats talk to one another when we are not around, that thunder is the sound of God bowling
and I believe in the basic inate goodness of all people.





I won't grow up,



I don't want to wear a tie.



And a serious expression


In the middle of July.


And if it means I must prepare

To shoulder burdens with a worried air,



I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up

Not me,

Not I,

Not me!

So there!



9 comments:

Karyn said...

I just wanted to let you know what a delight you are, and I feel so so blessed to know you!!! You are such a lovely and sincere person and you make the world a better place to live!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love your beliefs Sue! I feel exactly the same.
xo
Penny

Sandi McBride said...

Mac once commented to our boys (on watching me decorate a dolls house for myself) "your mother will never grow up!" My elder son replied, "yeah, isn't it great?"
I still haven't grown up and have no plans to...loved this post! And Shel, yep loved him too!
hugs
Sandi

Lynilu said...

I absolutely loooooooove Shel Silverstein!! And I looooove your passion for staying young! Me, too!

Unknown said...

What a delightful post. The older I get the more I agree with every single word! Your images would inspire the child within everyone.
Karen

Meggie said...

I think those of us with your same philosophy have lots more fun. I never seem to be at a loss for playmates. Have a fun weekend, Sue.

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Never, never, never grow up, Sue! We love you just the way you are. I loved your whimsical post and we are Shel Silverstein fans at our house, too.

Bonnie said...

Loved the post. Why grow up if we don't have too. I know I never will and I hope you never do. You are such a treat!

Jeanie said...

Marionettes and Peter Pan songs! Works for me!