Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, December 13, 2010

A Home Just Made For The Holidays

Our women's circle from church was recently invited to
a Christmas get together in an oh so welcoming home.
This wonderful place belongs to a delightful lady
and her husband who have long been  members of our church. 
It radiates warmth and whimsy throughout the year but it's during the
holidays that it truly shines!
I wanted to share just a few pictures with you...

From the living room...to each sweet bedroom...
this special place just shouts, "Welcome! Come in and have fun!"

She has the most magical collection of dolls, children's books and old toys.

Paper dolls of all kinds...








Isn't this a fun time of year? We have already enjoyed a few parties and holiday open houses and on Saturday we all saw "White Christmas" at a local dinner theater. It was a wonderful production!
Yesterday it snowed a few inches and oh does the world sparkle this morning!
I hope your part of the world is well and that you are finding plenty to smile about today.

Thank you for all the emails and cards and comments we have received about our Kipper. We miss him so, so much but know he is happy & well & warm in Doggie Heaven.
  


Wishing you all a sweet week ahead...




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Susie! OH, what a wonderful house!! Love all of the nostalgia all over the place. I would feel like a little girl in a candy shop here.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a cute cute home. Thanks for sharing.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely Christmas home! It really made me smile to see all of the lovely decorations.
xo
Penny

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh my goodness gracious!! Her home is FILLED with delightful things! I bet you spent a lot of time looking at each item!!

Susie, I have been so busy opening up a space at a local store and have not been around blog land for awhile. I am so VERY, VERY sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved KIPPER! I know that he is waiting for you in Heaven. It was always so much fun to see him out and about in town and being treated to so many wonderful sweet treats. I am sending you a big huge cyber ((((hug)))). My heart aches for your heart. If I had one wish from God it would be for our pets to be able to live to be as old as us humans.

much love,
Becky

Lynilu said...

That is amazing! You're right, it is very inviting, but I have to be honest .... there is NO WAY I would have the patience to do all that! I'm a slacker!

Sheila said...

A Christmas wonderland!
It's so neat how she has filled each corner with children's books and toys. It looks so welcoming.
hugs
xx

Stacey said...

Well first let me say that the home you visited looks so fun and inviting. I love all the old books and toys.

I'm so sorry about Kipper. We lost both of our old dogs last summer and our home is quite different without them. I'll be thinking of your family.

Janet said...

I want to go there and play...and read...and play dolls! A lovely Holiday Home! Remember that show on HGTV? Showing my age again..

hugs,
Janet

Donna said...

What a lovely, warm, and whimsical house....so many pretty decorations.

Hugs,
Donna