Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Cleveland Rocks!

Bill and I just returned from a little getaway to Cleveland. We had such a great time together. We don't often go without at least one or both of the kids in tow so this was especially nice for an old married couple like us. Both Grace and Dan were busy and chose not to go so Dan played babysitter. He and Grace got along just fine. They actually do like one another! MOST of the time! Oh, and they kept the pets alive and well which is an added plus! *smirk*

We stayed in a hotel downtown and wow! It was absolutely gorgeous! I love that Cleveland has preserved their older buildings and this hotel is in one such place. Housed in the old Cleveland National Bank building, it has been rehabbed without losing one whit of it's delicious charm!






Our room was huge! The ceilings were 15 feet tall and we had a small sitting area with the TV, a kitchenette and a large bath. The refinished hardwood floors were beautiful!


Isn't this lobby something?

The ceilings were nothing short of glorious!

Oh did I do a happy dance when I saw these old elevators. This made me so happy!
And yes! I am a geek! *smile*


Just some incredibly beautiful architecture in the downtown area...


Many beautiful churches...


...and Official City buildings.

And their downtown parks are numerous and what wonderful art work...



Then down to the lakeshore...

...where you will find the "Dawg Pound"...

...and a little place called The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!


No photos allowed beyond the lobby area but believe me...


...the museum is fabulous! We had the best time just looking and listening and reading...
and yup. We got to be there for the big Springsteen event...the opening of the "From Asbury Park to the Promised Land" exhibit. It was incredible.

And your tour is not yet over! Tomorrow I will share with you our visit to the "A Christmas Story" House and Museum, as well as take you along while we dine at a restaurant we saw on "Diners, Dive Ins and Dives" with Guy Fieri. Oh what a great time we had at Geraci's!
More on those tomorrow...

Wishing all of you a sweet, sweet week.

Much love!





8 comments:

Mumzie said...

Great fun and wonderful pictures! Love the hotel and downtown buildings. Thanks for sharing. Yvonne :)

Jeanie said...

My family that used to live in Dayton lives in Cleveland now, and I just LOVE going to visit (but I never get to stay in a cool hotel -- which has both advantages and disadvantages!). It's a great place -- my fave spots are Shaker Market and Larchmere antiques district! Sounds like a great time!

Carole Burant said...

Oh Sue, I'm so happy that you and Bill were able to get away on your own and have such a wonderful time:-) That hotel is something else....WOW! I just love the old elevators, how fabulous. I'm green with envy that you got to go see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!!!! I've heard so much about it and it must have been awesome to be there for the opening of the Springsteen exhibit. I know I would have been oohing and aahing over everything:-) Can't wait to see your pictures of the Christmas Story house, one of my very favourite movies!! Love ya! xoxo

Pamela said...

that hotel IS fabulous!

Dana and Daisy said...

looks like you had a nice trip! I have never been to cleveland!

I'll be posting about my new guest room later this week (I hope) and you are always welcome there! While it is smaller than my bedroom, it is (in my opinion) cozy and welcoming.

thank you for the kind comments!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What great photos. That ceiling in the lobby is incredible! You got some great shots of the beautiful architecture. Sounds like such a fun trip. laurie

Sue said...

Well it looks like you two love birds had a blast....the city looks lovely...Who Knew??..can't wait to see what you ate...that's me always thinking about food....Have a wonderful Easter!!
Love, Sue.

Bonnie said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I absolutely LOVE Cleveland. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I haven't been since 199 so I'm sure alot has change since I was there. But looking at your pictures alot hasn't changed. Thanks for bringing back some great memories.