Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Know, I Know...

...uh huh. Yup. I know. It's been awhile since the 11th. But so much has happened in that time! Birthdays,weddings, Winston's first Dog Nite, out of town company....well, let's just say we are enjoying a general busy-ness! Today is the first full day of Summer yet it feels like we have already been swamped with all manner of  this season's fun! I sure hope your Summer will go well for you and that your days will be filled with it's sweetness.

Before I play catch up on what has been happening here at Rabbit Run in the last week, may I share our recent trip to Chicago with you? Just 2 weeks ago we were in the Windy City. Bill had a conference to attend so Grace and joined him. It's such a great town, so much to see and do. We never fail to enjoy each journey we make to the home of Wrigley Field!


Love the theater district...I have been fortunate enough to see many exciting plays here and have never failed to be impressed. Oh, and Brian Dennehy often works here in Chicago and is on the board of The Goodman Theater here in town. Just sayin'.



I love the iconic architecture of this town...





ridin' the EL...

...and visiting the famous sights in it's parks.


And The Navy Pier is always fun, even when the weather is chilly and the skies gray!



Then there are the many museums this city has to offer...




And the comedy...oh the glorious comedy! This was the 4th time we have been to The Second City. Almost every famous comedian sharpened their wit on it's stages...from Jerry Stiller to John Belushi...

We saw Tine Fey here when she was an unknown member of the comedy troupe, as well as Stephen Colbert. Both were stand outs then and it didn't surprise me at all they have achieved the fame they have enjoyed.

One young man we saw perform on this trip was truly talented. I will be watching to see if he too joins the ranks of these comedians.



We love to stop in one of the cozy coffee shops...

...try a new Asian bistro...

..dine on deep dish pizza...

..and find a new favorite restaurant! On this trip we discovered Eleven City Diner!  We had seen it featured on The Cooking Channel and just had to stop in! It was wonderful! Great service, delicious food, fun ambiance.




If you visit Chicago soon, do drop in the diner...you will NOT be disappointed! Right Gracie?

Until next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You do get around!! And we will always wait on you! Lol Love the new look and font! Happy trails.....

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sue, I recently visited Chicago for the first time and had a blast! It was a very walkable city, which I love, and the tulips on the Magnificent Mile were outstanding! Next time i will try Giordano's Deep Dish pizza ..we tried had one in Gin's East which was good, but yours looks better:)

Thanks so much for entering my HomeGoods $100 gift card give away! Did you check the G store locator link in the first paragraph of my blog? HomeGoods are opening lots of new stores and open may be opening closer to where you live. One just opened near me in Brooklyn!

Hugs, Pat

Lisa said...

Sue, I so enjoyed the post and pics of Chicago! Love that city, but haven't seen more than the inside of O'Hare (connecting flights) for too many years now. Maybe next time I'll plan a real layover and enjoy a day or two in the Windy City. I'm dying to know the name of the performer that was a standout on your latest trip to Second City...I am hoping it is the son of one of my friends! That would be too cool.