Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Friday, August 06, 2010

St. Louis: Day One

Our trip to St. Louis: Day One


The view from our hotel room...window one...
..and from window two!
From the front of the hotel...
...and the party deck overlooking Busch Stadium.
The hotel lobby...
..and the front at night.
Dinner at Arcelia's in Lafayette Square.
This was so good...
...and this was so refreshing on a hot day!
The homes in the Lafayette Square area are just beautiful...

We stayed in this home/B & B, on the right, when last in St. Louis. It's called Napoleon's Retreat and is truly lovely and the hosts were amazing!
Lots of fun shops...
...restaurants.

After dinner we headed down to Union Station in downtown St. Louis...
...then took a walk through City Garden.
Views from the Garden...

Art and plants intermingle in the Garden...
Yes, bunnies live happily among the flowers!
Sculpture and water features share space in the Garden...
...with the stunning architecture of St. Louis.

Next up? Day Two! A moving retirement ceremony for a friend and
former colleague, the art museum, the zoo and more good food!


I hope you are all well, enjoying these last sweet days of Summer and staying cool!

Love to you all.

11 comments:

Jo said...

Great photos!

Blondie's Journal said...

I have never been to St. Louis {and I'm not that far} but I have heard that it is very beautiful and clean. I really enjoyed your pictures, especially of the homes...beautiful.

So glad that you are having a good time! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Lynilu said...

Isn't St. Louis a great place to visit? So interesting and just chock full of history. Nice pictures! I want to know, what is that "refreshing" drink? It does look good.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It looks like a beautiful place to visit! I have never been to Missouri.
xo
Penny

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a great trip!
I'm so envious. Love those homes. What amazing architecture!

Justabeachkat said...

Your photos are amazing Sue. Enjoy! Looks like lots of fun.

Hugs,
Kat

Bonnie said...

Your photos are always so stunning. And your narratives....I feel like I'm right there with you. Can't wait to see what day two brings.

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time in a great city! I was passing through YOUR neighborhood (well, not the neighborhood, but I-75 NEAR your neighborhood, whichever it is!) the other day! THought of you!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!

Sue said...

What a fun tour!! Great pictures...Those houses were beautiful....makes me want to take a trip to St. Louis!!

rosie/the fabric shopper said...

OMGoodness, I loved those townhomes! If I couldn't live in the mountains, I would want one of them!