Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Royal Event



My name is Susie Q and I am a Royal Geek. Sad but true. Oh so true.
I love the history, the pageantry, the spectacle of it all.
And my geek-i-ness is never more active than when a royal wedding is on the horizon!


Pip pip and cheerio! Will has found his Kate!



 As you can imagine, the humans (The cats and dog are much too smart to get up THAT early!) at Rabbit Run Cottage will be up well before dawn and tuned into all the Royal festivities on BBC America!
I have a few friends planning to come so Grace and I will greet them with a little breakfast and some goodies fit for a Queen. Or Princess as it were!

I think we all remember these royal couples...






Yes, even this one!

Okay, so some of these "fairytale" weddings did not turn out well, like a "fairytale" but hey.
The weddings were pretty awesome right?
And a few of these were, and are, pretty darned happy.


So let's head off to Westminster Abbey...

...after having camped out several days early...
(Okay, so my idea of camping out consists of turn down service at The Ritz but I digress)



...while drinking champagne from our royally sanctioned mugs...



...and attired in our royal best!

The clock is ticking down the seconds until Kate the commoner becomes Princess Catherine...oooh! What will her dress be like? Will there be any fumbles and stumbles? Who will cry? Who won't?
Will they ride in one of the beautiful carriages I was able to see in person whilst visiting The Royal Mews at Buckingham Palace in London?

It is all just too, too exciting...whew. Okay Susie Q old girl. Get a royal grip on yourself.
Keep calm and carry on...




And if you are one of those who is just, well, sick and tired of the whole shebang...
...I have a little something for you too!

But if you are in the Dayton area and wish to drop in to share the day, the folks at Rabbit Run Cottage would love to see you! I will have the tea kettle hot.



 I will now say farewell whilst using my best royal wave...









5 comments:

Sue said...

okay- I must confess that I am one of those that just doesn't have an interest in all this royal wedding hoopla! While I watched a bit of the Diana and Charles nuptials,it was merely out of curiosity. I had just been recently married and wanted to see how the "other half" celebrated. Somehow, I don't think any of their guests got hammered and jumped into the pool with their clothes on! And no, that wasn't ME! I actually changed out of the wedding dress and borrowed my new SIL's bikini so I could jump in! Enjoy your day watching the celebration,as you sip a cup of tea and nibble on a yummy scone!
xo Sue

Carole Burant said...

Oh how I would love to join you to watch the wedding! I'm going to set my alarm clock, let's hope I hear it! lol I can't wait to see Kate's dress either and I just know she will look absolutely beautiful. I so miss Princess Diana but no doubt she will be looking down upon them with a smile on her face and happiness in her heart that William has found his perfect soul mate.

Come by my blog to see my entry today...it should have been ME that marrying the prince tomorrow! hehe xoxo

Meggie said...

I'm not particularly enthralled with English royalty but I think Kate Middleton is a real class act. She and William make such a cute couple. He seems to genuinely love and cherish her, unlike his father.

Brown English Muffin said...

I just loved explaining everything to my little girl as we watched the wedding.....and those sick bags are kind of funny!!!

Jeanie said...

Oh, Sue, I did the same thing. Got up at 4, had tea with a friend, we wore hats and then I blogged on it. I think it was my most visited blog post unless a giveaway was involved!

I'm a serious royal geek -- read the books, collect some of the stuff. I loved every minute -- glad you did too!