Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Little Art If You Please

Pop Art Self Portraits
I hope this post finds each one of you smiling and feeling just fine. I was a less than a stellar blogger last week I know. Life got a bit busy around Rabbit Run. This past weekend we entertained out of state company, celebrated a dear friend's birthday, celebrated another dear friend's son's birthday and enjoyed some delightful Spring weather. Whew! Now THAT is a full weekend!
We also attended a wonderful art show featuring area elementary school students. One of those artistic kids just happened to be our Gracie. The show was held in an area performing arts center and filled to the rafters (literally!) with interesting, thought provoking and down right smile inducing pieces of art! I wanted to share a few with all of you...
This is one of Grace's pieces. A mixture of paint and sand... Our girl with her art teacher
Grace in front of her Pop Art portrait.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh! I wanted to tell you that the homeowners, whose *Stone Leprechauns* lost their heads, have not given up! They have added new stones and are readying a "Rock Solid" Easter Bunny display!
A reporter for the newspaper is using my photographs of the St. Patrick Day rock statues to accompany a little story about the family.
I hope your week is a sweet one!
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

17 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Sue, what a great art show you shared with us. Your beautiful daughters butterfly piece is so pretty. I love all the childrens pop art pictures. Hope you and yours are all well and enjoying this spring weather.
Hugs,
Sue

Harbor Hon said...

It's so nice when children get to display their creative side in a venue like this. Miss Grace ... you go girl!

I remember my niece J's piece labled, 'A Quarter Dahli' was in a school art show at the local mall. xxoo

bj said...

Oh, I love these kind of art shows...and your beautiful daughter did a fabulous job on the butterfly.....
xo bj

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

My favorite kind of art show! I love the creativity children have in them. Of course I love Grace's piece....it is a butterfly. Do you know my butterfly story?
Hugs,
Penny

Mrs. Geezerette said...

I am very impressed with Gracie's artwork and that of the other students. The display represents such a wide range of creative endeavor. Children never fail to amaze me with their fertile imaginations. My son, who is in his 40's now, is an artist.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Such happy art!
Grace's work is wonderful--you've got a real artist in your family!

Bonnie said...

What talented artists.....I really enjoyed the pictures. And yeah to your neighbors for not giving in the those "hoodlums".

Rosemary said...

Hi Susie,
Fun little art show. Grace looks so cute, and her piece of art is great.
Happy Spring to you and your family.
Rosemary

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Oh my!
Love the self portraits~

Anonymous said...

I've said this before and I'll say it again & again. Grace is so talented!!! Besides being so very talented, she is beautiful!!

I published my 300th post, on Sunday. Come on over to the Back Porch and sign up for my giveaway!

Holly Campbell said...

Wow! All of the artwork in your pictures. . .Isn't it amazing what creative and talented kids can accomplish? Your Grace's work is so neat (as in cool, wow, awesome)! Thank you for sharing.

Pamela said...

very very impressed I am (that is my Yoda impression, by the way)

Beautiful work!! I wish I'd had an art teacher when I was her age (and encouragement!)

(busy stuff happening here, too. I may have to take a few weeks bloggy break)

Carole Burant said...

Isn't it amazing the talent these young people have? I remember going to art shows like that when my boys were in school and I was always in awe. Shawn, my oldest, was very much into art and some of his work was displayed at the Art Center in town so of course I was there often to check everything out! lol Grace did a wonderful job with her art work, she's such an all around talented young lady:-) xoxo

Neabear said...

Ok Susie Q. No one else said anything, so I am going to. Are you sure you are feeling fine now? Either that or I am seeing double. It does seem to me there are two matching paragraphs in this post. I actually had to scroll back to see if I was somehow reading the same paragraph over again. LOL!

Loved all the art pictures! Gracie did a good job on hers. It is amazing what young people come up with in their artist endeavors. Thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed with the artwork you pictured! Miss Grace is quite the artist herself! There is a lot of amazing talent there, for sure!

Happy Spring!

Laurie S.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love kid's art! It's always so fresh and creative. The pop art pieces are so cool. I thought Grace's butterfly piece was a hooked rug at first! Must be the texture of the sand - very cool!
Manuela

Sharon K said...

Hi Sue! Wow! Grace is so talented! A real artist! It has been fun watching her artistic talent grow over the past few years. Love to all!