Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Gingerbread Cottages

Okay, I think I have gotten all the concrete, er, icing out of Grace's hair, off the rugs, the placemats, the ceiling, the cat. These pictures just do not do it all justice! It was an icing free for all! But hey, she had fun and the mess was easily cleaned. I will try to get a picture of her with the finished project tomorrow. She was such a BIG help today. We cleaned the ground level and basement. Did a lot of laundry and just tweaked a bit here and a bob there. Don't know if Bob enjoyed it or not! Um...
Tomorrow is upstairs day...cleaning the baths and bedrooms, changing beds.
Oh, here is where I should mention that Bill won't be in until late afternoon tomorrow. I know, I know, what is a few hours? *sigh* But hey...he WILL be here and that is what counts right?
2 of our dearest friends (who now live in Tennessee) stopped by on their way in to her Mother's home. This amazing lady is the best baker I have ever known! She had taken an antique Chinese basket and filled it with all manner of delectable delights for us! Some are just too gorgeous to eat...but I do think we will! Try to stop us! We will see these friends again Christmas evening at a little get together.
2 of our very sweet neighbors had a baby girl 2 months ago and came by this evening to ask if I could be her caregiver beginning in January. Of course! This is the prettiest baby! She looks just like her Mama and her Mama is a beauty! Daddy is handsome too so I think this little angel hit the genetic lottery! I love babies of her age. She will have just turned 3 months old when I begin watching her. It will be such fun. I can do some writing and housework while she is sleeping and still be here for Grace before and after school. I am happy!
Tomorrow evening is our annual trek downtown to see The Nutcracker. I don't think I could ever tire of that music or watching Grace's face during the performance.
Trust me, Bill is not really enamoured with the ballet but he will do anything for his girl!
More tomorrow!
Stay well...have a wonderful Friday.

7 comments:

Missy Glave said...

Grace looks like she is having *so* much fun!! You can see the joy on her face.

Happy, Happy Birthday Tyler! So glad he is celebrating his 6th Birthday!

And Sue ... I thank God everyday for my blogging friends! I'm so glad we found each other!!

Andi said...

What fun to make a gingerbread house!!!

Now...show us a pictures of the antique Chinese basket and the goodies inside!!!

The Nutcracker is my favorite ballet. Have fun!

Valerie said...

oh goody!! have a wonderful time at the ballet...

Cindy said...

That gingerbread house looks so cute and I love that beautiful Grandfather clock in the background! Wow!

Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Every year for many years my daughter and I went to see the Nutcracker. She's now 25 and married so treasure these times with your little girl. It goes so fast.

RaNae @EweCreekCottage said...

Rabbit Run lightens my load each day thank you enjoy the ballet tonight.
Hugs RaNae

bethy said...

so fun! i love gingerbread houses :)