Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hey Hey What D'Ya Say...

...We're the Elks and we came to play!
Yup. The kid is now a cheerleader. Pom Poms, a 5 inch thick rules & regulations manual to learn and a zillion dollars worth of outfits and equipment later and it is official! But doesn't she look adorable in the camp outfit? Camp begins the first week of August and she is so excited!
On the 4th of July she and the other girls walked in the Americana Parade here and what fun she had! The expected rain held off until the parade ended so it was
a huge success!
Me? Not so much! *sniff* Mom here was home, in bed, with a virus. Uh huh. All our 4th plans went up in a cloud of fire crackers.
But I am not whining...really! My Mom and Bill enjoyed the parade and Bill taped the entire thing for me so we all watched together. The cookout I planned was postponed but heck. Burgers and hot dogs taste good any time right?
The rest of the family watched fireworks at the high school but Kip, Lucy and Henry and I cuddled under a quilt and watched them on TV. The Fur Three are always good at cheering me up!
I am still not 100% better but well enough to have worked in the yard today! Grace and I spent 3 hours weeding the beds and trimming. This kid loves to pitch in with yard work! I never even have to ask! Me? I have to BEG myself to do it! Truly! Sad isn't it? Puuuuullllleeeezzzeeee Sue? I will let you watch a Brian Dennehy movie if you go out and weed for 1 hour! And so I go, grumbling at myself but I go. *grin*
We are getting ready to head off on vacation this coming weekend...I hope to have oodles of photos to share with you all upon our return. Going to Orange Beach, Gulf Shores Alabama for the week. Poor Dan has to work so he is tending to the house, yard watering and caring for the Fur Three. They are just grateful NOT to be in a kennel! Whoo Hoo!
We are meeting a few of the families that were in China with us. We love these people so much and are so grateful that all of us have stayed close and meet once a year for a reunion. We all can't be at each one but as many come as is possible and those that are not with us are there in spirit and in our hearts. We do share photos and call with one another but seeing the children in person is always such a joy. Grace, the honorary big sis of the group, delights in the little ones, all of which turn 6 this year! That does not seem possible! It was 5 years ago September that found all of us in China...
I hope your week is going well and that your 4th holiday was a sweet one!
Yesterday was Ritter's Dog night and Kip is hard at work on his post to share!
I have promised him to add it to the blog before we head South...
Stay cool, smile a lot and enjoy each day! They are such precious gifts!
Love and Hugs,
Susie Q

14 comments:

Renaissance said...

I bet she is so happy to have made the team.

Kathleen Grace said...

I am so sorry you have been sick and that you missed Grace in the parade! I hope you are all better for your vacation, don't push yourself too hard in the yard work, you need to get better so you can enjoy Orange Beach!

Janet said...

Please feel better soon. I hope you have perfect weather for your vacation and....could you send some here please?? What if I beg??

Salmagundi said...

Busy as usual at your house, I see. Hope you are feeling better in time for your trip south. Rest, enjoy, and have fun!!! Sally

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, but sad that you missed Grace in the parade. I was a cheerleader growing up and some of my fondest memories are of cheerleading camp! Have fun on your vacation....wish you were coming here :-(
Hugs,
Penny

Melanie said...

So sorry you were under the weather for the 4th but glad you're feeling better. I remember when my daughter made the cheerleading squad. She was so proud and happy! Take care.

Deb said...

Congratulations to Grace! Hope you are feeling better soon Susie♥

Bonnie said...

Yeah, Grace. What a beauty in her cheerleading outfit. Sorry you didn't get to see her in the parade, but now you can watch it over and over again. Take it easy on yourself now until you go on vacation. You don't want to miss out on all that fun. Have a great time.

Sheila said...

How cute Grace looks in her outfit! It's a shame you got sick over the holiday; at least you got to see it on tape! :)

Sandi McBride said...

Susie, I hope you are feeling so much better and sorry that you've been sick sweetie! Yes, Grace looks so sweet as a cheer leader...my goodness how she has grown!
hugs
Sandi

Rosemary said...

She is so cute!
My daughter was a cheerleader. She loved it.
Hope you are feeling better.
Rosemary

Mom2fur said...

What a cute little cheerleader! I bet she'll have lots of fun with this.
Sorry you were sick and I hope you feel 110% better now!
BTW...love the patriotic skwerlie photo in the previous post!

{oc cottage} said...

Oh how cute! I remember those days...just barely! ;) Won't mom be busy!!!!

m ^..^

Mandie said...

Hope you have a great vacation!!! One of my girls is going to do cheerleading for the first time. I am happy for her, just not looking forward to the traveling, hehe. Grace looks adorable in her outfit!