Most of the photos here at Rabbit Run Cottage
can be enlarged just by clicking on each one!
There you go...see? Easy!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Restaurants

Uh huh. I like eating out. I admit it. We do not eat out as often as my brother thinks we do (waving to Jim) but probably more than we should. But we love to try new places, haunt old favorites and sample the cuisine of far away lands. We have a favorite Thai place, a small Indian haven & several good Chinese restaurants. We enjoy one small Mexican place in particular, one particular local seafood place and a little French inspired bistro. We just love a few of the locally owned restaurants who utilize the fruits of Ohio farms. Several spots are well known for their organic products and the delicious and inspired ways in which they are used. We also enjoy many of the chain restaurants that are here in our area. Of course, there is nothing like a Taco Bell burrito or the french fries at McDonald's from time to time but that is a different story....I love the decor of restaurants. Small or large, chain or locally owned, each one is unique and interesting. One of the things I promised myself I would do this year was to snap a few pictures each time we ate out. So a few people look at me and wonder why I am shooting the restaurant ceiling but I just smile and look like I know what I am doing. Or at least I try! I thought I would share some I have taken recently.... Our weekend was quiet and nice. Shopping, good food, family , friends, church and watching movies at home, snuggled under a warm quilt. It is raining and due to turn to snow later tonight. Brrr....a damp and cold night. I think I will make some hot chocolate and return to that quilt....let's see. What movie will it be tonight? Have a wonderful week dear friends!
Love and hugs, Susie Q

15 comments:

Andi said...

Love your pictures Sue! Looks like Mimi's. My hubby and I do our share of eating out as well. I love trying new places too and will even snap a few pictures...to share on my blog of course.

Hope you have a delightful week!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there Susie Q! Well, my Mom and Aunt left yesterday so I'm trying really hard to catch up...on everything, which is darn near impossible. LOL Everything seems to be calling my name and needing attention. But blog reading got my attention first! I do have my priorities straight, right?

I've sure enjoyed reading all of your posts I've missed this week. I've loved every single one.

Hope your weekend was wonderful.

Hugs!
Kat

Janet said...

Sue,
Don't forget to stop by and enter my giveaway and also read about my best ( and only so far) Birthday card.

Off to see Sally and Brothers and Sisters. Still trying to figure out what I can do to look like her,LOL!!

Janet

Sheila said...

Sounds like a good weekend Sue.
I have been lazy, and loved every minute. Tomorrow it's back to routine, cleaning etc.
We watched Ratatouille tonight, hubby and I. Did you know that Brian D is the voice of Remy's brother..!
hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

Love all the unique details with all the wonderful character. What great pictures.

Meggie said...

I love eating out also and don't do it as much as some of my friends think. But, I let them think what they may.... I just love how a mature woman can take photos of just about anything she wants...who cares what the others think...I sure don't. I may have when I was 30 but I sure don't now!

Mockingbird Hill said...

It's been 80 gegrees here for a week...some of that snow sounds wonderful!

Your pictures are so awesome...but, you gotta have the eye to get it done. Very nice work...

Stay warm and watch a movie for me, will ya?

Cassie

BittersweetPunkin said...

Those are the neatest photos! we don't go out that often...I should make that one of my new year's resolutions.....I live in a town much like Mayberry so we don't have much here...its a good drive to get to anything thats not fast food!! LOL
Hugs,
Robin

BittersweetPunkin said...

Those are the neatest photos! we don't go out that often...I should make that one of my new year's resolutions.....I live in a town much like Mayberry so we don't have much here...its a good drive to get to anything thats not fast food!! LOL
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Those restaurants have really neat decor! We try not to eat out more than once a week. The budget and my waistline can't take more than that. But we enjoy eating out and not having to think about cleaning up!

Manuela

Melissa said...

We ate at Cracker Barrell on Saturday night, and I'm always amazed at their decor - I think I find something new every time I eat there!

Gretchen said...

Love the pictures-how you capture everything so well. And, it has come to my attention that wide stripes are in fashion these days. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue!
I love these restaurant photos - and I, too, love to take in the decor and surroundings from wherever I am, especially restaurants and hotel lobbies! So fun to be an observer isn't it? And I just enjoyed a cup of rich hot chocolate while catching up with your cute self and your wonderful blog.
((hugs))
Kim

Cheryl Wray said...

Finding a new restaurant is one of my very favorite things to do. I LOVE these pictures!!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Wow - great lookin' rest-eee-raunts ya'll got up thar in O-hi-ee. Be sure to get a good, solid list together for when I finally get around to visiting. No vacation is complete without PLENTY of eat-out (that's MY motto, anyway!).